Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well most of my friends r childish and obnoxious when it comes to my windows being opened so i figured id ask on here if there was any way to lock the windows. my old pos mercury had a thing u slid over and it locked the passenger window buttons. do any focus' have window locks that icould somehow put in? or as a last resort if i took out the passengerside window buttons would it still work on the drivers side?

·
Registered
16 Posts
all you would have to do is tap into each of the lines going to the other windows and throw in a switch, easier said than done

easier yet get new friends...lol

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
mine came with those but i never use them. i have an 03 se so yea shouldnt be hard to do it urself

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all you would have to do is tap into each of the lines going to the other windows and throw in a switch, easier said than done

easier yet get new friends...lol
i thought about both those ideas lol the second one i somewhat put into affect today. made the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] walk home.

anyone have a picture of what focusfreak mentioned or know if it would fit rather than putting another switch in?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
do u want a picture of my window switches with the window lock on it and ill go take a pic

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ya thats what i was looking for. i wonder if they ever came with the 3 door.. a ch would probably be the cheapest way to go but i like the factory look a lot better. would those two extra switches work for other 12v stuff somehow or just windows?

·
Registered
889 Posts
lol no 3 door ones dont have it, coz its made for kids, even in my 5 door when i lock my thing, the front passenger can still [:)][:)][:)][:)] around wih his window but not the back :) i dont think its worth trying and make something like you want to do :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Get either a tazer, a small bat or anything else of that nature and effectively train your animalistic friend into an obedient passenger. When he's good give him a cookie.

·
Registered
889 Posts
lmfao or just take ur front pass seat out, easier for ur friends to get in and noone will be [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g around with ur windows [:D]

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
honestly people should just have enough respect not to f around with your car. it's good enough you are giving them a ride. they should just sit there and not touch anything. no radio, no seat adjustments, no air conditioner. nothing.
that's how it works in my car.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well my "chronic offender" i guess well call him isnt gunna be in my car very much anymore lol after leaving him on the opposite side of town the other day and breaking his teeth last year he decided i didnt like him all too much lol. but i might do it anyway since i have a few switches laying around.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
lol all some good ideas. ill probably try the switch. or get some plexiglass and throw everyone in the back like cop cars.
Nah, "Death Proof" your car and then when someone messes with your windows, slam the brakes, [deviltail].

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I tend act like a host to other passengers in my car. I'll allow anyone to open or close the windows and request the temp be changed. Why is that a problem?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I tend act like a host to other passengers in my car. I'll allow anyone to open or close the windows and request the temp be changed. Why is that a problem?
did u read everything? thats how i am most of the time but a couple of my friends think windows r there for entertainment rather than like air.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
what's going to bug you more is when you have the switch turned off they'll play with the window switch anyways making the annoying clicking sounds.... go with the tazer like I said before, or a shock collar and reprimand that bitch and teach him how to act![spank] [bash] [nono] [chair] [nutkick] [slap] [whip] [smackbum] [hatchet] [boxface] [gunfire] [gunfire] [gunfire] [ohcrap]

OK, so maybe I went a little overboard with the smilies.... but I enjoy them

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If first you don't exceed try again!!! with more force (lol j/k....kinda..)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts