Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good place to get the covers that have lips over your windows so the rain doesn't get in? I looked on ebay and they were 40 dollars. Does that sound right???

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Auto Zone has the in channel for around $32 a pair. Just pull off paper strip and they stick inside channel.

·
Registered
875 Posts
He probably cracks his windows when he gets out of his car to let air into the interior. That, or he wants to crack the windows during the rain to let cool air in, instead of using the A/C all the time.

DO NOT get the stick-ons, they suck in quality (they come unstuck in some spots) and they leave a horrible residue that takes hours to get off.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sweet, I was thinkin bout getting those too. Couldn't decide if they'd be cool or cheesy.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T-V said:
He probably cracks his windows when he gets out of his car to let air into the interior. That, or he wants to crack the windows during the rain to let cool air in, instead of using the A/C all the time.

DO NOT get the stick-ons, they suck in quality (they come unstuck in some spots) and they leave a horrible residue that takes hours to get off.

Right on! I hate the stagnant muggy-ness that gets inside the car when it's rainy out so i crack my windows open to let fresh muggy-ness in! Haha well atleast it is moving air!

The flares should also make it a little quieter when I have the windows cracked open no?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yes. However, they do make a little bit more noise when the windows are fully down. Nothing horrible, though. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Are the in channel ones hard to put in..

like is it a PIA to get the weather stripping stuff off and on again..

what worries me is lifting that stuff up, and never having it fit very well again..even with out the deflectors.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've had the WeatherTech smoked ones for about a year and a half. Still look great, and no problems.

I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The channel ones are the way to go! Very easy to put in, but do a dry run first before you peel the tape. No idea how hard it would be to clean the channel out if you decide to pull them off later, but I think a little paint thinner or such would clean the tape residue up, and since it's in the channel anyway you don't have to worry about looks so much.
I put mine on because with just the drivers window open I was getting a lot of wind buffeting inside the car, they seem to help a bit with that - changes the airflow over the window area...

·
Registered
93 Posts
The weathertech ones don't use any tape...they pressure fit inside the window channel. They work and fit great, and the best part is you can just pop them out anytime you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts