Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
i believe it is, but it is a pain. you would have to pull the door panel switches off, take them apart, and find the little light inside them. you would need a soldering iron to take the light out, most likely it is soldered in. it would have to be replaced with a small enough light. it is prolly using an LED light. but u never know what its like until u get it open. the green glow could be a colored lens on the button itself. in that case u would have to find out how to remove that film and put new over it. it can be done but is prolly a PITA. there was a place listed on here that would do it for you. but cant remember where i saw it. if i find it ill post the link

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well all those ones he has are blue.
I'll wait for more responses but thanks for your help, and I might just take a look and try, probably mess something up, but oh well lol.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
what color do you want?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
ive been wanting to try a set in red, if i do one ill let you know.

but if you have basic soldering skills you can do all the lock and window switches yourself using leds and resistors off oznium.com... you just have to look at them and they make sense. good luck

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It's not that hard, you need 3mm leds. When you take the switches apart you can just pull the green leds out with pliers. Keep track of what's positive and negative and solder the new ones in there.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
yup not hard IF you can solder and have the equipment to do it... you should use new resistors too.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Yeah, it's a major PITA to do that mod. But if you're intent on doing it, check eBay for led's. I got a pack of 100 led's and resistors for $5 shipped from china. They're fairly decent quality, and are VERY bright.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
or you can go to oznium.com and get HIGH quality leds and know you wont have issues

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
well i might know someone who could help me, but what size led bulb am I supposed to get zx360
depends what your doing... the switches are all 3mm except the sunroof switch thats a SMLed, the ac/defrost buttons are SMLeds and the main light switch is all 3mm and 1 5mm

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
yes all window and lock switches are doable and 3mm led's

1 - 20 of 25 Posts