Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone know of a good, effective way of getting scratches out of a windshield?
Replace the windshield [joke] Supposedly 'Ceriglass' does a good job but I'm not speaking from personal experience. A friend used it and was happy with it using a buffer of some sort. I just checked and there are some videos of people using it online

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may as well replace it, it has some other little cracks too so it's probably time for a new one

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh yeah if cracked not good. Not many people are aware that the windshield even thought it is glass it is very strong and is an integral part of the structural rigidity of the vehicle. When cracked not only is that compromised but you safety is also compromised. It is also integral to proper airbag deployment. This not true for older cars with different installation methods. Or simple rubber gaskets. Today windshields are installed with very strong adhesives.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just have two bull's eye cracks, no bigger than 2-3 mm's wide. but buffing doesn't seem good because it probably will distort the glass a bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Make sure to check your insurance policy on windshield replacement. In Kentucky there is a no deductible or out of pocket for windshield replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts