Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start this and see where it goes.

Topic:
Any event or occurrence where your SVT proved its mettle in a driving experience that gave you that "YES!" feeling of the exhilaration of piloting a pocket-rocket.
The reports should all be legal and friendly, hopefully, and a barometer of how you are a 'driver' as opposed to being a 'passenger' and just turning the wheel and pushing the pedals.

I'll start with this:
I attended a couple of these: http://www.irdc-racing.com/irdc_track_days.htm
in the past, and had a few moments where the clouds parted and a ray of sun hit me full in the face with one of those "NOW I understand!" moments that greatly improved my driving skills - in general, and FWD specifically.

Example:
This morning coming off the freeway into a long decreasing radius off ramp, a 5-series BMW was too close to my bumper for comfort.
A quick 'heel-toe' drop of two gears put me at about 4500 RPM and I picked my line into the curve.
No more BMW in my mirrors.

Through the light, and a couple blocks later, he was back again. A 90 degree right into the campus road, off of the arterial - another quick downshift, drop the throttle at the apex then hammer it coming out, expecting a bit of 'push' (nada!) and again, no more BMW.

He behaved after that.

Moral of the story:

WIN!

-TommyToohi

·
Registered
487 Posts
well being a drug dealer, and all around criminal the other day I was followed home

I live off of a 4 lane road with a turn section splitting the two I was heading north and needed to turn left into my neighbor hood I was followed by a newer toyota camry.

I was going around 75 in the far right lane when the camry tried to pull up beside me.
At about 200 ft or so away from the turn into my neighbor hood I locked up my brakes and the camry flew past me and I turned into the neighbor hood at about 45 or 50. From the far right lane.

My thoughts were. "damn this shit box can move"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha~

funny I've never met you, but then...

"I don't need that junk, maaan- I'm hooked on downers."

-Stolen from Cheech and Chong, 'Up In Smoke'

well being a drug dealer, and all around criminal the other day I was followed home

I live off of a 4 lane road with a turn section splitting the two I was heading north and needed to turn left into my neighbor hood I was followed by a newer toyota camry.

I was going around 75 in the far right lane when the camry tried to pull up beside me.
At about 200 ft or so away from the turn into my neighbor hood I locked up my brakes and the camry flew past me and I turned into the neighbor hood at about 45 or 50. From the far right lane.

My thoughts were. "damn this shit box can move"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang! double post, hate that

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
yeah these lil things sure do come out those turns screamin huh!

put some Azenis on your car then make a thread.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
yeah these lil things sure do come out those turns screamin huh!

put some Azenis on your car then make a thread.
They have no idea do they dirtbrown lol don't forget the h&r race spring and sways then see what a great Svt can do lol[;)]

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
^^lol yeah! I cant talk for the sways though lol thats really the only thing aftermarket I dont have...I only have the poly bracket bushings but iono if I ever get into my car again I might get some Eibachs or something.

·
Registered
191 Posts
^^lol yeah! I cant talk for the sways though lol thats really the only thing aftermarket I dont have...I only have the poly bracket bushings but iono if I ever get into my car again I might get some Eibachs or something.
I have Sportline's on my '10 GT and I really hate the ride quality. If I take a bump too fast I can hear the cat scrape. That, or the car just slams down as if I was on the most bouncy springs in the world.

Just sayin' lol

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Dave's not here man
hehehe

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Could of used a Torsen, Huh!

Thought I'd start this and see where it goes.

Topic:
Any event or occurrence where your SVT proved its mettle in a driving experience that gave you that "YES!" feeling of the exhilaration of piloting a pocket-rocket.
The reports should all be legal and friendly, hopefully, and a barometer of how you are a 'driver' as opposed to being a 'passenger' and just turning the wheel and pushing the pedals.

I'll start with this:
I attended a couple of these: http://www.irdc-racing.com/irdc_track_days.htm
in the past, and had a few moments where the clouds parted and a ray of sun hit me full in the face with one of those "NOW I understand!" moments that greatly improved my driving skills - in general, and FWD specifically.

Example:
This morning coming off the freeway into a long decreasing radius off ramp, a 5-series BMW was too close to my bumper for comfort.
A quick 'heel-toe' drop of two gears put me at about 4500 RPM and I picked my line into the curve.
No more BMW in my mirrors.

Through the light, and a couple blocks later, he was back again. A 90 degree right into the campus road, off of the arterial - another quick downshift, drop the throttle at the apex then hammer it coming out, expecting a bit of 'push' (nada!) and again, no more BMW.

He behaved after that.

Moral of the story:

WIN!

-TommyToohi
You could of used a Torsen, Huh= yeah you know you want one= no more push, just learn to unwind the wheel when on heavy throttle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts