Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Date: January 10, 2009
Time: 11:00am

The plan is to meet up in the mall parking lot since I don't believe Flaming Amy's has a large lot and then when everyone gets there, head over to Flaming Amy's to have some lunch (it's a burrito barn). Then from there we can drive over to Southport to take pics and go out on the beach. From there we can just figure out what to do. I picked 11am as the meeting time so we can have a little bit of time before lunch so we can wait around for stragglers/check out everyones rides, that kinda jazz. I also posted up the itinerary for the caravan from Raleigh and points westward. Anyone who has cameras bring them! I'm going to try to take some video and I wanna get lots of pics!

In case anyone gets lost, my cell is (919) 623-2357

Who's going:
sonicbluezx3 (+1)
airdrummer (+1)
Spatakula
blkZX32005
Funktacular (FJ)
Red_focEYE (FJ)
SVT_Chris (FJ)
focusmaniacZX3
spiman2.0
jimbone (FJ)

Maybes:
shadyskater05

And just so there's no confusion, here are the maps and addresses for both the Raleigh caravan meeting spot and the Wilmington meeting spot:

----------------------
Raleigh Caravan Meeting Spot
Time: Between 8:30am and 9am...I plan to sit inside and eat some breakfast and leave at 9ish. It should take 1 hour 45 minutes to get to the mall.

Bojangles at the NC-42/I-40 Intersection
5497 NC 42 East
Garner, NC 27529

Map:

----------------------
Wilmington Meeting Spot:
Independence Mall
http://www.shopindependencemall.com/
3500 Oleander Dr.
Wilmington, NC 28403

Time: 11:00AM
Map:

And just for clarification since it's a large parking lot, here is the exact spot I plan on parking. And if the parking lot is full...which I doubt...it'll be somewhere around this area.

In case you want to look at the menu, here's our lunch destination:
http://www.flamingamysburritobarn.com/

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I am in fellas....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I will haev to see what the wifeys schedule looks like...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
let's keep this going........I would love to see a strong turnout for this one......

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
redeye is fading on FJ so maybe a jville g2g?

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's doin fine man.... just cuz the ferry is closed doesn't mean we need to move the location. Wilmington is fine... there's much more to do there than there is in Jacksonville. Not to mention it's about an hour longer to drive to Jacksonville than to Wilmington.

Me and Shawn are going to be going for sure, and there's a couple others I believe who will be going, and Redeye will be there... that's a pretty good turnout for NC. So including you and all of the others, we should have 6 or 7 cars. We'll just plan on meeting up at the mall on Oleander since there's a big parking lot, and then go pretty much next door to Flaming Amy's, and then we could go down to Southport and drive those roads... pretty sure there's a beach down there too. I'm sure it will be fun for whoever decides to attend.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I am with that.......let's just have a good turn out.....

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
ill try to turn out too providing i dont break my car again between now and then. ive got the s/c off for right now and will be feeling out the new tranny/flywheel/LSD for a few weeks after i get it back from tom. hopefully there wont be any problems and ill be able to come. ill need to meet some1 right off the highway too because i dont know that area at all and i will get so freakin lost it wont even be a little bit funny

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
come on out bro......should be good times..........

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
ya know something fun to do would be to go to jacksonville... meet up near the beach and drive up 50 to jacksonville dragway and make a day of it there if they have testntune that day. would they be open this time of year? i know alot of places shut down in the winter due to the cold and generally wet weather but if they were open... that would be lotsa fun for me anyway. would be my first experience at a 1/4 mile. it would suck without the s/c but i dont want to be breaking stuff that far from home.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, we could keep that in mind for the summer. I'd like to make a weekend of a trip down there when it's nice out more time at the beach and the drag strip would be fun too.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I really hope that all people turn out it should be good times.......maybe a caravan from havelock down to wilmington would be fun?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
ok well raleigh down may be out of my way....all I need to do is 70 to 24 to 17 down to wilmington....

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I really hope we are not losing steam on this g2g????? Lets do it big!

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still going, Shawn is still going, and my buddy Jordan is gonig as far as I know. I would assume Red is going since he lives in Wilmington. Other than that I have no clue. Most of the guys are on FJ... I need to get over there and work on the thread

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I might be able to make it......... Maybe......... but that's quite a drive from Dirty Mo. ......... 'bout 200mi I think...... But if I'm free, and my bro isn't doing anything (can't travel that far by myself now can I), I'll probably see whats up.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts