Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably won't be doing a whole lot to this car, but I'm super proud that it's mine and that it's really pretty :p I'll do a few posts here to begin with to show a chronology so far. Next steps might be debadging and adding some decals. I'm fighting with myself about the decals because I'm used to customizing everything to make it mine, but I also kind of don't want to ruin the nice clean look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here she is the day I drove her off the lot, and I immediately got her windows tinted the same day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Titanium handling package apparently comes with a set of Michelin Pilot 3 sport summer only tires, so I immediately changed those out for some A/S tires for the amount of driving I expect to be doing in the northern more snowy states. Huge drama with these tires as I was sold a set of defective ones and it took forever to a). diagnose that the tires themselves were defective and b). get some good ones on there. Of course I packaged up the old tires and took them home to put back on later.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caught this photo one time while I was over at Sears trying to get the tire situation fixed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friday I switched out my headlights for some Phillips Crystal Vision 4000K bulbs. Several of my colleagues saw me working on my car and were surprised I was doing it myself. A girl can be handy!

Before:

After:

Contrast comparison next to my dad's 2015 Fiesta:

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good time for your own "build thread", I see you decided on a name for the car.

"Whomping Willow" reference perchance?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More like Willow Rosenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer lol I just really like the name Willow anyway. There's something very free and spirited feeling about it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not much going on. Kind of in a life funk. Not sure what else to do with my car right now anyway. Trying to save money for an inevitable emergency. Still fighting with myself over adding decals. Scuffed the hell out of the right front wheel this morning riding up to a curb spot, and the grinding sound and subsequent visual made my stomach turn.

·
Registered
486 Posts
More like Willow Rosenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer lol I just really like the name Willow anyway. There's something very free and spirited feeling about it.
Dude, I love BtVS. I say that while waving my laminated man card wildly in the air.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
There are a couple cheap mods you can do with out changing the look. Add a high flow drop in filter and do the snorkel delete, rear motor mount, and rear sway bar. it will really change the way the car drives while still keeping it mostly stock.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr. Rutherford, you will find no judgment from me. Keep your man card proud.

Jburks, I'm going more for style than performance. I skipped the ST because I was more interested in economy. I might also add that I am recently disabled and doing my own handiwork is incredibly limited at the moment (one of the reasons for my life funk). I had a moment of slight relief when I managed to work on my headlights, but even that was a little difficult. I'm having more bad days than good at the moment. I'm used to doing my own work.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I like it and I like what you are doing! See you around the forum!! Just wait till you get the mod bug like me lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I saw some sick Focus fog lights on a Fiesta Titanium on the Fiesta Faction the other day. That might be next if I get well enough to work on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Willow's first snow :D Hope she likes it as much as I do :p

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sorry to hear you're not up to par. Even a small discomfort, but an ongoing one, can really begin to mess with one's enjoyment of life.

Cheers.

P.S. Appearance mod suggestions:

1. Tint the windows. Get 'em dark enough, and when you exit with those big sunglasses, people will say "Oh, she must be a big star". [:0]

2. And this is a personal favorite--Whether you are keeping your rims, or getting new ones, change out the OEM lug nuts for some smaller, colored ones. Here is a pic of some red Gorilla's that I just added with new rims. You can get these on Amazon or E-bay. Probably $50 +/-. There are about seven colors, including black and chrome.

You will want to yell out "I love my nuts." [giddy]

3. DEbadge and you'll be DElighted with the results.

4. Vinyl overlays from " TFBdesigns.com" (vendor on here).

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just hit 5,000 miles today, just shy of 4 months. Perfect timing...I scheduled an appointment for an oil change and tire rotation on Friday, and then a week later I'll be heading down to the Ft. Lauderdale area for a short vacation.

Roswell, I got the windows tinted the same day I rolled off the lot. They're legal, not dark, but I like that smokey look versus the black. It fits well with the grey exterior. I honestly think the colored nuts are hideous lol I'm really trying to keep it classy (why I'm really struggling with not totally geeking out on window decals--like the Ravenclaw crest I had on my Fiesta). I also had the Fiesta debadged, which is a LOT easier to do in the summer, so I will probably wait a bit longer for that. Depends on what happens with me, physically. I have an appointment tomorrow to see someone for a consultation for a referral to a neurologist, hopefully. If the appointment doesn't get cancelled due to snow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just packed on about 2,000 miles last week driving down to Ft. Lauderdale and back and then straight up to Clarksville. In DESPERATE need of a car wash. Haven't had a moment between the snow/salt and rain.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not even 6 months and over 10,000 miles. Just got back from South Florida for the second time in a little over a month, and caught this on my way to work this morning.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
That's what it's for right :)
I'm at 7 months and over 15k already lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts