Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willing to trade stock 2002 SE sedan for same-year Blue SVT.

ok, like that would ever happen [:)~]

BUT, now that I've got a few people's attention... how do you get the hangers from the stock exhaust out, and I guess same goes with putting new ones on...
I know how to do the rest, but I'm not quite sure how they come out, but I haven't tried it yet... any help?

(if you're rich and have an SVT just collecting dust, by all means trade me!!! [rofl])

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i would think u would have to cut them and then weld on new ones. thats what they did for mine

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh I hope not, that'd suck ... I probably should have mentioned the system I got uses oem hangers and all that. I think you got screwed [:)~]

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
oh well if i did i did. i had a magnaflow exhaust put on so they had to.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah exactly...the important thing is you have it, not how they did it......just for me I need bolt-on, since I have neither the skill, nor the know-how... ah and I guess the tools lol

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eh I think I can figure it out, though I'd probably trust them, I'm just not willing to shell out the cash for them to install it.. I was just curious to see if anybody's done that. lol
if all else fails though, I've got a co-worker that does work on cars for fun, and said he'd do it for 20-30 bucks [thumb]

edit: Sweet! congrats on hitting 5 star rating! [grinking]

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you are referring to the rubber exhaust hangers, they twist out. Soap and water and some muscle will help you slide the metal exhaust hanger 'rod' out of the rubber. From there all you do is twist the rubber 90 degrees and it will come off the car. You shouldn't have to take them off of the car though, just slide the new exhaust in them! I hope this helps you out.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are referring to the rubber exhaust hangers, they twist out. Soap and water and some muscle will help you slide the metal exhaust hanger 'rod' out of the rubber. From there all you do is twist the rubber 90 degrees and it will come off the car. You shouldn't have to take them off of the car though, just slide the new exhaust in them! I hope this helps you out.
yeah lol I had my first day of shop today, so I talked to him about letting me use the shop, and he said we'll put it on the alignment rack so when I put it on, it has the correct clearance... torch the bolts on the cat, and spray the hangers with WD-40 so they'll slide in and out nicely [thumb] thanks though, that helped with actually telling me how to get them out [:)]

the only downside is our first day of shop is the 16th of September, so three weeks from today [:(] but I think it'll be worth it to have the help of a guy with 40+ years experience and the only way I'd be able to do it myself... plus it's the cheapest way too [thumb]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts