Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I don't think the 08 has the same shifter assembly as the 07 and down. My guess would be no.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I can't see the threads being different, so that's a maybe vote here.
Have a thread gauge handy or tap or die? Stock on the old cars is between 12 - 14 mm (I'm not sure exactly because I cut mine to 1/2x20, which is wrong)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I thought the newer foci came with knobs like that... Our 09 is VERY similar

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are similar to this, but i like how this one is silver/black, instead of just black

5,155 Posts
I have that knob on my 07 (along with my Steeda STS) and I LOVE IT! Can't go wrong for $20. Hell, I say buy it and if it don't fit I'm sure someone on here would love to take it off your hands.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
it should work, that mustang knob is not threaded, it threads when you put it on. and it's almost identical design to the 09 shifter. i dont see any reason why it wouldn't work. call cfm and ask if need be

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yes it will. the shifter itself changed in 2002.5, and it has remained the same since then, including in the new foci. buy it, enjoy it.

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
il get the sts later... lol. i do wish i had one, im 6'6 nd sometimes have problems reaching 5th without punching someone in the knee. maybe that will come in the spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts