Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...8888&type=product&DCMP=KNC-TLC&ref=25&loc=SMX

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/7218/7218888_ra.jpg

Product Features
Amplifier: 360W continuous power @ 4 ohms, bridged
Amplifier: 200W x 2 @ 2 ohms RMS
Amplifier: 120W x 2 @ 4 ohms RMS
Amplifier: high-pass crossover 45-300Hz; low-pass crossover 32-320Hz
Amplifier: 0, 8, 15dB selectable bass boost
Amplifier: MOSFET power supply and output devices; preamp and speaker-level inputs; gold-plated power connection and tri-mode protection
Amplifier: 2-5/8" x 10-1/4" x 15-3/4"
Subwoofer: peak power handling - 300W
Subwoofer: power handling (RMS) - 150W
Subwoofer: magnet weight - 50 oz.
Subwoofer: plating injection-molded cone with polypropylene material; linear spider for improved mechanical stability under high excursion
Product Details
Product Height Subwoofer: 6-1/2"; Amplifier: 2-5/8"
Product Width Amplifier: 10-1/4"
Product Depth Subwoofer: 6-1/8"; Amplifier: 15-3/4"
Dual Cone No
Subwoofer Size 12"
Subwoofer Quantity 1
Amplified Watts Amplifier: 360W
Woofer Composition Plating injection-molded cone with polypropylene
Peak Power Handling Subwoofer: 300W
RMS Power Range (watts) Subwoofer: 150W
Cutout Diameter or Length (inches) 12.4"
Flush-Mount No

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Welll... what are you buying it for? COmpetition? Just something to have? WHat are you hoping to get out of it?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for myself... i do not want competition, just ot sound good, and make some thump... not loud, since i already got a sound ticket... next 1 doubles, 3rd one misdemenor...

·
Registered
461 Posts
well, I work at best buy, and their TV products are made (depending on the type of TV) by sylvania, samsung and sharp (the lcds are a steal, made by sharp!) their portable dvds are produced for us by toshiba ... I'm not sure about car audio, but I can find out for you, just give me a day or so and I'll ask at work. - Ryan

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I would go with a single 10" or 12" from a more reputable sound company than Insignia. Kenwood, Alpine, MTX, Pioneer...etc. It might run you a little more but not that much and I guarantee you'll be more than happy with their quality. If you're gonna go cheap though, don't go cheap on the amp. If you skimp on the amp, you'll be sorry. When I was young and stupid I bought a 600 watt Legacy amp off of ebay to power my two kenwood 12's. The amp had to work so hard to power the subs that it kept overheating and shutting off. A few months later I bought a Rockford Fosgate 360 watt amp and it had no trouble at all powering them. Since then I've learned a ton about car audio/electronics though. That's just my $0.02.

·
Registered
461 Posts
agreed, I'm still more comfortable with a major branded company ... I have always used Kenwood exclusively. I like their price/perfrmance ratio. I have hooked up mine & my parent's focus, as well as my dad's F 150 with all kenwood equipment, SIRIUS, subs, amps, the whole 9.

Also, i was unable to find out who makes insignia's car audio products. I will keep trying because now I am curious too ... - Ryan

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
after much consideration, and not willing to go overboard since i rather spend my money on the eibach sportline plus kit, i decided to go with this:

Pioneer GM-3200T for the amp and TS-W301R for the sub. I will still go to best buy to have it all installed since I like the quality of work.

so it will be something like this:

Pioneer GM-3200T 75 bucks(ebay)
TS-W301R 50 bucks(ebay)
amp kit 50 bucks(ebay)
install charge 75 (best buy)

TOTAL: 250

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.