Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Focus SE Sedan. Would this bumper bolt right up to mine? I HATE the bumper mine came with I like oval open bumpers much better. Small tiny slots piss me off lol

FRONT:

REAR:

LABELED AS: 009-11 Ford Focus Coupe 3D Carbon Rear Lower Skirt /// FOCUS 2 DOOR - Rear Lower

Do I need the 2009 Focus Coupe Rear too?

Would this fit? Is it just a conversion lip? What is it?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Your car is an SE, the bumper pictured is from an SES model. They are sxactly the same car except for the bumpers. It is a straight fit however it will require more than just the bumper covers.

2010SVT recently did the conversion you are wanting to do so I'm sure he can tell you all the steps involved and the parts requirted for the conversion. Here is a link to his build thread.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I put this bumper on my 08... you need a new foam crash bar, new fog light brackets, new inner grille (obviously), and I believe that was it.
That is only if you are taking an 09-11 bumper and putting it on an 08 car. All mounting points on 09-11 are the same. Only 08s require changing the crash foam and fog light brackets.

·
Registered
378 Posts
That is only if you are taking an 09-11 bumper and putting it on an 08 car. All mounting points on 09-11 are the same. Only 08s require changing the crash foam and fog light brackets.
I think this may be incorrect. The S/SE in all years have NO fog lights so he would need SES fog light brackets and crash foam right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think this may be incorrect. The S/SE in all years have NO fog lights so he would need SES fog light brackets and crash foam right?
Might not be true.. I've seen an SE with fog lights factory fitted. They do come with them from what I've seen driving around here. Mainly Vista Blue and Silver ones, all SE not SES and 09-11 years.

The fog lights actually snap into place (the plastic piece that holds them in) so I think it's an easy conversion if I was going to do it anyways.

I'm no stranger to wiring so that should help :D Maybe I'll use a fuse tapper.

---

Thanks for the build thread!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your car is an SE, the bumper pictured is from an SES model. They are sxactly the same car except for the bumpers. It is a straight fit however it will require more than just the bumper covers.

2010SVT recently did the conversion you are wanting to do so I'm sure he can tell you all the steps involved and the parts requirted for the conversion. Here is a link to his build thread.
The rear bumper from 3D Carbon, is that a full bumper or just the black insert piece with the "fins" that I'd be buying? If it's just that black crap I'm going to fiberglass something in.. secret for now lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts