Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
jsturm, maybe you can help me on this...I've heard that the offset doesn't matter as long as you go over the factory offset if you can't find wheels with the same offset. I've heard that anything LESS that the factory offset will rub the fender wells. Do you know if any of this is true? At the same time I've heard other people say that you should go with a lesser offset if you can't find the same offset as the factory. Do you know about any of this?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Offset....this is the relationship between the hub and the placement of the rim hub. Basically,
the more you push the rim outward, the greater the possibility of rubbing. By doing this, the tire is moved further away from the hub, putting it closer to/under/or outward of the fender lip itself. The lower the offset number, the greater the chance of rubbing. Also, a any offset other than stock will negatively affect handling by upsetting the front end suspension geometry. Alot or wheels go from 38mm to 42mm with Ford factory rims ranging from 49.5mm (svt/st200) to 52.5mm. You can look at the rim on the inside of the hub to get the offset, which should be stamped. Now, the bolt pattern for a Honda Civic is 4 x 100....and the Focus is 4 x 108, so unless the Motegi rims your friend has have a dual bolt pattern, forget about trying to put them on your car. If the wheels have 8 stud opennings this signifies a dual bolt pattern and they just might fit. Otherwise, if they only have four stud opennings, you're out of luck.

·
Registered
793 Posts
the motegi's should have dual bolt patterns, sometimes they are 4x100 and 4x108,,,my wheels are!! so u might get lucky

·
Registered
405 Posts
so if a wheel comes in 4x100 and 4x114.....

http://www.5zigenusa.com/pages/wheels/fn01rc.html

like those for example, you would need to get the 4x114? I am no wheel expert, but I was told that those wheels would fit my focus. Can you explain which one I would need and what would be needed to get it to fit?

·
Registered
793 Posts
kaminari_croc said:
so if a wheel comes in 4x100 and 4x114.....

http://www.5zigenusa.com/pages/wheels/fn01rc.html

like those for example, you would need to get the 4x114? I am no wheel expert, but I was told that those wheels would fit my focus. Can you explain which one I would need and what would be needed to get it to fit?
these would not fit because they arent in a 4x108 pattern! let the vendor know the pattern to see if they have them available

1 - 10 of 10 Posts