1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
why tag non-svt components with their logo anyhow...? [???:)]

·
Registered
114 Posts
i'd say yes. it would save money to make 1 plastic center cap and then put different designs on them then make totally new caps. but car manufacturers don't use logic sometimes.

you could always get graphics made up to apply yourself. you aren't badging a regular foci to be an svt, are you?

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
LOL. I think his question sass exactly what he wants to do, what a sad day this is.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I often wondered the same thing, only I wanted to purchase SVT wheels for my ZX5 and put on the regular center caps instead of the SVT ones.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm actually fairly sure they're different size. I ended up ordering caps for the OEM 16's I got last year for my snows. I'll have to check my resources, dont recall the specifics, but I'm pretty sure the SVT caps are smaller diameter.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
yeah i was ganna get the euro svt rims, but i want the ford logos cuz my cars no svt :p i dont wanna mis-represent lol...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well for everyone out there that thinks im dressing up my zx3 to be an svt ill have u know that i have an svt moter and trans sittin out in the ol shop and im thinkin about transforming (i beleve is the word id use) my zx3 into an svt and i need centercaps, cause everyone iv seen selling rims on here wants like 400 without tires, and i have nice brandnew tires on the 16's and dont want to shell out the cheese for new 17 inch tires.

im not mis- representing im just tryin to be different, u know custom, but it seems like nobody is for that on this website, being custom and all

·
Registered
16 Posts
SVT center caps will not work on zx3 wheels. Nor will zx3 center caps work on SVT wheels. I just made the conversion today with my zx3 to SVT wheels and wanted to use the "Ford" center cap rather than keep the "SVT" badging.....well, no luck. The zx3 center cap is too big.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
knoxrocks222 said:
im not mis- representing im just tryin to be different, u know custom, but it seems like nobody is for that on this website, being custom and all [/B]
dude i didnt say you were trying to... i was more or less joking i didnt want to when i get my svt rims.. chill man.. i think the svt rims are hot thats why i want them.. noones ganna confuse my 05 with an svt and if they do they are plum stupid... i think anyone can rock svt rims with the center svt's just cuz shit they are svt.. RIMs.. so rock it... peace!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
LOL, there is nothing wrong w/dressing a normal zx3 like an SVT, not all of us were so lucky and got the money to get hold of an authentic SVT. So, let us be...LOL

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol right on bro, unless u get hit by someone who can, like i did the other day, i got rearended by a person in a porshe and got an svt out of it cause they didnt want to make an insurence claim, i was sittin at the red light coming out of my appartments when some fool just um......owned my poor zx3, they paid for towing and took me to the dealrship and got me a 2003 svt, luckly my zx3 was paid for (graduation money), but i think the 03 zx3 rims would look bad ass with svt centercaps, and when my g/f gets her zx3 im gona make sure she gets alittle svt on it

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
knoxrocks222 said:
well for everyone out there that thinks im dressing up my zx3 to be an svt ill have u know that i have an svt moter and trans sittin out in the ol shop and im thinkin about transforming (i beleve is the word id use) my zx3 into an svt and i need centercaps, cause everyone iv seen selling rims on here wants like 400 without tires, and i have nice brandnew tires on the 16's and dont want to shell out the cheese for new 17 inch tires.

im not mis- representing im just tryin to be different, u know custom, but it seems like nobody is for that on this website, being custom and all
Custom? Sure... go for it. In my opinion, as long as it's tasteful then sure! Hell... we tolerate CrazyMatt so we have to be okay with that stuff... (just play'n Matt!)

And by the way, being that you're new to the forums would have us deduce you have a stock ZX3 only for the fact that you did not give us any other information regarding your ride. I don't believe I see anything in your sig to indicate you have any SVT parts. Granted, it's not required for you to put any of that on here, but to get angry and butt hurt by the community saying you shouldn't put that on your car if you don't have SVT parts... well... you never said you had any, eh? So you have some? Good stuff, throw those parts in and get us some pictures!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts