Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel pump in our focus just got replaced and I wonder if that will increase MPG. We've been getting about 29 MPG since I started tracking it and that seems pretty good to me.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Not really sure on the pump. The fuel filter has shown gains. I did the fuel filter on my girlfriend's 2000 ZX3 at 60k miles, and she picked up 3-5 MPG afterwards.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I think its the fuel pump relay that just got replaced. Don't know what the difference is or anything.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Hmmm...doubt a new fuel pump would increase the mpg...like egz said though, the fuel FILTER would indeed improve gase mileage...not real sure if the relay would or not.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. :)

I don't know much about how all the car parts work, I just know some basic DIY stuff (change lightbulbs, windshield wipers, check fluids, can add coolant and steering fluid, could probably change a tire if I had to)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't haul around junk you don't need, and don't put 100 lb subwoofer boxes in there and you're usually in pretty good shape. And keep doing what you're doing, properly inflated tires will keep that milage up there.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Your right foot effects milage MORE than any mod you can do, my wife typically gets 30 miles more per tank than I do . In the SAME CAR!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts