Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently damaged the front right side of my 2007 Focus SE and I am looking for a ton of parts including: the bumper, fender, wind shield, hood, interior fender skirts, strut mount, wind shield washer tank, power steering tank...

My point is there is a 2000 Ford Focus Wagon available near me for $400. I am wondering if any or several parts would be transferable? Thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
You'd be better off swapping the duratec into the wagon than all of the body stuff onto a munched 07 sedan.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
And that's actually completely incorrect. Everything from the front doors forward will work just fine, you just have to change it all at once. That means everything from the headlights to the grille to the hood must match. Otherwise, it's actually a fairly easy swap if the body is still straight.

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
He said he damaged the right side, he said nothing about replacing all front end parts. If you want to switch both fenders, the bumper, the hood and grill, headlights etc you will also have to switch out the header panel as well.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by header panel.

And if you check the first post he already stated he'd need the following parts replaced:

the bumper, fender, wind shield, hood, interior fender skirts, strut mount, wind shield washer tank, power steering tank...
So a new upper grille, new headlights, and the other side fender to go with the new one he's already buying and he'd be good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks for the replies!
I understand it may not be the best to used the 2007 but I believe the frame hasn't been damaged and it is a manual and I like the hatchback style.

In any case, I certainly do not mind swapping the whole front, I am just trying to figure out if it's possible. It's an incredible deal as compared to buying the parts separately.

I also do not know what you mean by header Panel.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
right... different shape for the headlights I imagine.

so everything you need is on that wagon, just. going back to an older and in my opinion cooler front end.

edit: probably not much resale value after an accident anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, I'm pretty sure resale value is shot, I'm just trying to get a vehicle on the road. But as it was suggested earlier maybe I should just transfer the 07 engine to the wagon, either that or ill end up selling it for scrap.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
the wagon and 07 engines are differenct. i dont think the tranny in the wagon will work with the 07 engine but i could be wrong. not to mention different wire harness and ecu. would be a project would be faster to do the body part swapping in my opinion.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sad thing is that I have actually considered putting an 00-04 front clip on my 07. It took me some time to warm up to the styling of the 05-07 front end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts