Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking online at the different colors and I have to say, IMO, the Sonic Blue looks bad (at least online) [thumbd] Does anyone know if and when the Kona Blue would come back because I love the color?
Also, if you have a Kona Blue Focus or a Sonic Blue focus could you upload pics so we could get a comparison? [wrenchin]
Thanks [wave]
-Alex

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Kona... mmmmmm metallic..
I take it that is your car... or is that at a dealer? Cause I haven't seen one at the dealer since the whole earthquake fiasco... BTW you car is lookin mighty fine. DAYUM [clap][deviltail]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sonic looks really good in direct sunlight, don't care for it at night or overcast.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I hope not... I like being unique!

Bart: Sparkle! Sparkle!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it because it is blue during the day, and black at night. If it doesn't come back I guess I'll just go with the Red Candy, but its a shame cause the cops will be on my nuts 24/7[race][driving]. Where I live, the cops have nothing better to do than bust people for HAVING FUN.[chair][dunno][bootyshak

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's my car the day I picked her up, June 1st :) You really need to see Kona in sunlight to appreciate it... and I agree 100%... I kinda hope it stays away, because I know for a fact there are maybe 5 Kona Blue SE Sports in Western New York

They'll both change to a purple tint, I just think of Kona as a metallic sonic blue honestly

oh, and look closely at my pic...you'll see my car was missing a lug nut from the factory... on that wheel pictured lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
I take it that is your car... or is that at a dealer? Cause I haven't seen one at the dealer since the whole earthquake fiasco...
There is still one Kona Blue SE hatch at my dealer. Guess it's not a popular colour here.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^+1
real talk

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I was looking online at the different colors and I have to say, IMO, the Sonic Blue looks bad (at least online) [thumbd] Does anyone know if and when the Kona Blue would come back because I love the color?
Also, if you have a Kona Blue Focus or a Sonic Blue focus could you upload pics so we could get a comparison? [wrenchin]
Thanks [wave]
-Alex
From what I read, no. Kona Blue was replaced flat-out by Sonic Blue. I'm not certain whether it was due to the xirallic pigment shortage and/or Ford's overall decision to stop the colour.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There are some more Kona Blue pics at http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3836143. I had planned on Red Candy Metallic or Kona Blue when I first started looking at the Focus, but by the time I was ready to buy those original paint codes were discontinued. Red Candy Metallic came back with a different code - not sure if it's quite the same as before - and that's what I planned to get because Sonic Blue looked bad online. Went to a dealer that had a Red Candy and there happened to be a Sonic Blue right next to it. I actually liked the Sonic Blue even better, and it was no extra charge.

I'd post a picture of my car, if I had it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I still fail to see the purple that everyone (including my wife) is talking about in the Sonic Blue. Anywho, saw a sedan in the Kona Blue at walmart the other day and the difference between the two is stubble. The Kona is darker for sure, as if someone took a color slider and added a bit of black to the mix. With as many pictures as people post they still don't seem to show the true depth of tones in these colors. IMO they're both great looking colors though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I don't really see as much purple as everyone else is seeing either.

Definitely very blue.

·
Registered
56 Posts
... Anywho, saw a sedan in the Kona Blue at walmart the other day and the difference between the two is stubble...
LOL!! like it needs a shave? [80?]

I've loved SONIC Blue from the beginning and I like it as much as the Kona. Both look great, each in their own light.
SONIC is a worthy replacement choice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts