Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably going to buy four winter tires on rims from TireRack and pick them up across the border. Will the four tires fit in the back of a Ti hatch?

·
Registered
164 Posts
You will absolutely no issues. Just remove the cargo cover and leave it at home before you go. Put the rear seats down when you get there and you will have plenty of room. It would be a good idea to try and tie down the wheels tho. You don't want those things flying forward in the event of a panic brake or heaven forbid, collision.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I fit a set of 4 wheels mounted to 16" rims in the back of my previous MINI Cooper, I think wheels will just about fit in anything after that. Lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just had my winter rims/tires mounted recently, and I had NO issues getting them in the back of a 5-door HB with the rear seats folded flat and the cargo cover removed (I removed my cover and set it aside as soon as I brought the car home). I wish it was colder so I could swap them over.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just had my winter rims/tires mounted recently, and I had NO issues getting them in the back of a 5-door HB with the rear seats folded flat and the cargo cover removed (I removed my cover and set it aside as soon as I brought the car home). I wish it was colder so I could swap them over.
I read somewhere that you got Taurus wheels? Post some pics, I'd like to see.

They can be had for dirt cheap off craigslist/kijiji and they're the same bolt pattern. I don't know if they are the right offset or width or anything like that though. I'm not a fan of steelies :p

I kept my 205/55/16 winter tires off my Vibe, and I need new rims to mount them on for my Focus for the winter..

·
Registered
241 Posts
I read somewhere that you got Taurus wheels? Post some pics, I'd like to see.
Right now, I have the wheels with Blizzak WS70 tires (205/60R16) stacked in my garage. But I plan to mount them on the car this weekend to take pictures to share with everyone here. [:)]

·
Registered
425 Posts
can't wait to see.. it seems to be the cheapest way to go for winter alloys. Might have to get TPMS sensors for them though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts