Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am about to install my short ram but i am wondering now since ford wont deal with any parts that are not Ford is this going to cause problems when the car needs to be serviced? Anyone had troubles like this. I dont know enough about cars to do stuff myself

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Well, it can cause warranty issues, but with a 2002 you're long out of warranty.

The real question is why you would want to take to a dealer for service other than warranty work, since dealer work is almost always significantly more expensive, and oft times not as good as a reliable independent mechanic.

That said, most dealers like to make money and like any reasonable business they can get.

But frankly, why not just call the dealer you use for service and ask the service department if they have an issue with this? That owuld seem the most acurate and straightforward way to find out.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I've had warranty work done to mine with an intake on it (non-short ram).

In the unlikely circumstance of you hydrolocking the engine, then yes- they will likely not cover that. They are required to prove Your part caused the problem They're fixing.

Wait, your car is an 02- you're probably out of warranty now? They'll fix anything you want if you're paying 'em [;)]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've had warranty work done to mine with an intake on it (non-short ram).

In the unlikely circumstance of you hydrolocking the engine, then yes- they will likely not cover that. They are required to prove Your part caused the problem They're fixing.

Wait, your car is an 02- you're probably out of warranty now? They'll fix anything you want if you're paying 'em [;)]

yeah, you are right... if you dont have warranty on them they will fix anything if you have the money to cover it...[hihi]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts