Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. i am relatively new to this forum, but have read a bunch of articles on here. i am the proud owner of a 2009 Vista Blue Ford Focus SE coupe 5spd. I have only had it about a week, but have a few questions. first, will adding an aftermarket exhaust(i want a magnaflow) void my factory warranty? i have read the owners manual, online warranty info and others, and still have not found a definitive answer as to whether or not it will void my warranty. i dont want a header and full exhaust. just a cat back. and possible a cold air intake later on. will this void my warranty?? any help would be great.......thanks for readin. proud to be a focus owner and cant wait to hear from you guys.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
i really dont think it will because i have an 06 and it has 17000 miles on it and i have a cold air intake and i am going to get an ehaust later here soon...i really dont see why it would void it for any reason though. just stay away from doing major mods to like the tranny and motor. hope i helped..and nice car;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
oh they had a discussion about voiding the warranty of the car.
what i have read is that if something is wrong with your car for example a brake line popped that they would have to proof that the exhaust had something to do with that. if not they had to replace it under warranty. i dont think it will void your warranty because i had my fuel pump replaced thru warranty and that time i had intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the response guys. i just found that article on warranty info. one more question before i go ahead and order my exhaust. has anyone had any major problems with adding an exhaust and not tuning the computer on these cars? i would not think there would be. i have added exhaust systems to other cars, but never a brand new one. i just dont wanna kill my car and not have it under warranty. i am paying for this on my own, car payment meaning, so it is kind of a big deal that i dont screw anything up. thanks guys for the responses, i am almost ready to order my new magnaflow!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
yea you should be fine if not better and i no how you feel when you have a car payment...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The Magnuson-Moss act protects us from a dealer trying to get out of warranty work because of the installation of aftermarket parts. As has been mentioned, they have to prove that it was the aftermarket part that caused the problem. Welcome to FF!

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
x2

oh they had a discussion about voiding the warranty of the car.
what i have read is that if something is wrong with your car for example a brake line popped that they would have to proof that the exhaust had something to do with that. if not they had to replace it under warranty. i dont think it will void your warranty because i had my fuel pump replaced thru warranty and that time i had intake and exhaust.
^^^^ what he said. i just did the lower motor nount and i have to take my car to the dealer to get the clutch looked at.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
it will void the stock exhaust parts' warrenty but who cares, as they wont be on your car anymore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses guys! and these are great lil' cars like ive heard you say. the mileage is great and the performance is respectable for a lil' car. i was looking at the magnaflow exhaust, but after reading more, and looking around and listening to exhaust clips, i think i am going to go with the trubendz stainless flex pipe back exhaust. It is a little more expensive, but being as its stainless, it will prolly never need to be replaced ever again! plus, i dont really want to cut my stock exhaust in half in case i ever need or want to put my stock one back on(cant think y i would, but u never know). anyone have any comments on this 2.5" stainless exhaust? any problems? any issues with longevity? thanks again guys. you are all very helpfull.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Thanks for all the responses guys! and these are great lil' cars like ive heard you say. the mileage is great and the performance is respectable for a lil' car. i was looking at the magnaflow exhaust, but after reading more, and looking around and listening to exhaust clips, i think i am going to go with the trubendz stainless flex pipe back exhaust. It is a little more expensive, but being as its stainless, it will prolly never need to be replaced ever again! plus, i dont really want to cut my stock exhaust in half in case i ever need or want to put my stock one back on(cant think y i would, but u never know). anyone have any comments on this 2.5" stainless exhaust? any problems? any issues with longevity? thanks again guys. you are all very helpfull.
I have 3" trubendz and I like it. I personally love the magnaflow muffler!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome![wave]
I work for Ford (in sales) but I have asked that question and the responses you are getting here are 100% correct,in no way will that void your warranty.
I put my Magnaflow catback and SIR in just after I bought the car and have been quite pleased with them both.
Don't worry about keeping your stock exhaust because it's a worthless heavy POS that you're never gonna use again...stainless steel lasts forever man![strongman]Do keep all your stock factory airbox stuff so you can put back on for smog inspections.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I work for Ford (in sales).....Don't worry about keeping your stock exhaust because it's a worthless heavy POS that you're never gonna use again
See that? straight from the mouth of an employee. Some of Ford's stock parts are garbage! I finally have a very good reason to upgrade my parts! "yea dad, I bought a new header and IM cause ford says their stock parts suck" haha

·
Subcompact Fanatic
2,175 Posts
The only way you will void your waranty is if you alter your catalic converters..... If you don't touch them you will be okay.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
See that? straight from the mouth of an employee. Some of Ford's stock parts are garbage! I finally have a very good reason to upgrade my parts! "yea dad, I bought a new header and IM cause ford says their stock parts suck" haha
wish i could talk my dad into that. everything i do is a big no no

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
hmmm....is this the first 2009 we have added to the forum now?[ffrocks][welcome]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
that is true. i really like the gauges in the newer foci. and the inside. but i think my sap st looks good only if i could add the two....LOL
but anyway you need to take that car to the strip and see what it runs man before you mod...just a though...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the post guys!! did you say i was the first '09 on the site? thats cool. i am gonna take it too a strip someday soon. as soon as i get my first initial oil change done, then i will go. anyone know a drag strip close to Hartford, CT? i live in suffield, about 25 min from hartford. anyone from ct and know of any car shows or focus owners meetings/get togethers? thanks for all the input guys. hope to talk to you guys some more and learn all i can about these little cars.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts