Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to paint my mirror caps tomorrow and need some help with taking the actual caps off the mirror assembly. I took a look at it today before I went off to work but I wasn't able to find the so called clips by just moving the mirror all the way to one side, making enough room on the side to squeeze a scew driver in there. From my understanding, there are three clips that I have to unclip to remove the cap - is this true? Also, do I have to totally remove the mirror to get access to the clips or will the idea of just tilting the mirror all the way to one side work enough to get a screw driver in there to pop the clip.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-bump-

that doesn't answer my quesiton man..lol

i'm wondering do i have to remove the mirror glass

·
Registered
172 Posts
You do what you already did, tilt the glass to one side, shine some light in and try to pop the clips off (as seen in the link above). Now i haven't done it yet, but i am going to have to pretty soon and i'm hoping it'll come out smoothly.

·
Banned
589 Posts
-bump-

that doesn't answer my quesiton man..lol

i'm wondering do i have to remove the mirror glass
I'm fairly certain that the mirror glass cannot be removed without breaking it off. In the pics I had posted in the other thread I had just broke off the mirror glass since that particular mirror was already broken.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
the first 2 were easy but that third one was a bit tough. u can get in there with a flathead guy!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm thanks for the help guys....where exactlynis the third clip? I cnt even seem to find it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm thanks for the help guys....where exactlynis the third clip? I cnt even seem to find it.

·
Banned
589 Posts
I dunno which one you are missing but this pic shows you where all 3 clips are... Yellow arrows show which way to pry the clips off.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys thanks for the help. I will making a third attempt today to getr done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts