Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 SVT. I just bought Toms tune (still in the mail) and I am wondering if his tune and a short ram intake will make any improvement in 1/4th times. I am aware of several other factors that play into drag racing, traction control, heat, driver ability, ect....What I asking is will I be able to break the 15.6 to 15.8 barrier a stock SVT can run in the 1/4?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
it should help...IIRC a tune is the only true way to disable the SVT's traction control, so you should be able to launch better...

the SVT guys will chime in soon, im sure.

·
Registered
284 Posts
if you know how to drive ( in particular, how to effectively launch) an SVT, then there shouldnt be any issue breaking 15.6's in close to stock form

·
Registered
11 Posts
YES MOST DRFF

YES IT WILL HELP I LITTLE I HAVE MY CAR TUNED MY BEST TIME WAS A 15.0 THERE WAS TWO OTHER SVT AT THE TRACK THAT NIGHT AND ONE OF THEM HAD THE SOME THINK DONE TO HIS CAR AS I DID THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS THAT MY CAR WAS TUNED AND HIS WASN'T. THE BEST TIME HE PULLED EVER HE SAID WAS A 15.6 SO YES I THINK THE TUNING WAS THE DIFFERENCE. BECAUSE I DON'T THINK HE WAS THAT BAD OF A DRIVER.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts