Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up, just bought a zx3 2001 from a buddy. It was in pretty rough shape the heads were leaking into the exhaust for some time. This resulted in the whole exauhst system to corrode from the inside. even though i was just going to make this a daily driver i bought a magnaflow catback and some obx headers lol. anyways now that i have the head off and off to the machine shop i want to know if a svt intake manifold will fit with no prob. also if anyone has any ideas on how to upgrade the fuel delivery that would be great. thx

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
It sure will, but requires quite a bit of work. Let me find the How-To on it for you...

EDIT: Um....okay I have no idea what happened here. I found the thread, but the entire write-up is missing like it was removed and post 2 became post 1. But hopefully if you dig through the pages you can get some info. Crap.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69441

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
If you are doing a small turbo, there is nothing wrong with the OEM intake. It is good for 300+ hp IIRC. You should worry about engine internals after 240hp and a good clutch after 180hp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
what about exhaust manifolds? what are compatible with the the 13g turbo? I don't mean to just ask questions and not look but i have been looking on and off all day at work and cant find anything on it.

Scratch that ill post in the exhaust manifold section XD

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
We have an exhaust manifold section?
huh

The 13g (I assume off a 3000GT or Stealth) won't bolt to any manifold you'll find. You're going to have to use and adapter or weld one yourself.
most all the manifolds you'll find will use a Garrett T3 based flange (rectangle hole) and not a Mitsubishi flange (round hole).
The easiest thing to do is to buy a Garrett based turbo and manifold. Parts are also easier to come by.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts