Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
i'm almost certain that it wouldnt.
I have to ask, why would you want to put an exhaust from a regular focus onto your SVT?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
nah it won't......too damn long, lol [hihi] go for the 3" anyway, isn't stock like 2.5" or something already?

and I'm guessing either a friend has one, or someone is selling one real cheap or something like that? [:)]

·
Registered
136 Posts
Couldn't you shorten it and re-weld to fit?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah it won't......too damn long, lol [hihi] go for the 3" anyway, isn't stock like 2.5" or something already?

and I'm guessing either a friend has one, or someone is selling one real cheap or something like that? [:)]
Darn. Okay.

Yeah, there is a local one for sale for cheap.

-Cody

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
It will fit just the tail pipe will stick out 4" or so.

Simple cut and weld.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah I know, you could sure cut it..... but without doing any modifications it wouldn't fit, so I'm not sure if you could or wanted to do it yourself, or would have someone else do it..... if it's cheap enough, I say go for it. sorry to kinda lead you off of that for a moment

aww shoot, I just remembered though, if the exhaust is not for an SVT (obviously not, since it's for a sedan) then the flange where the flex and the exhaust meet up will need some modification, mainly the hole for the bolt will, I believe, need to be widened on the flex part of the flange..... I know 02SilverSVT did it on his, using a ZX3 exhaust, and that was really the only problem.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Couldn't you shorten it and re-weld to fit?
Sure, the main difference in exhaust after the header is the location of the cat. You could just shorten it and re-weld the flange back on. Stock is actually slightly bigger (like .1in) than most aftermarkets, the restriction is in the resonators and mufflers. Feasibly you could cut out the factory units and replace with Magnaflow or Borla or whichever. Not sure if it would be cheaper though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts