Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Contour cam cover a few weeks ago and was curious; Will the front timing gear cover from a Contour fit? The stock 2002 Zetec cover has a huge gap and it kind of looks funny.
Thanks,
Dan-O

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
What do you mean has a huge gap XD I just bought a VCT Contour cover from a member..
can you by some chance provide me with a picture of your cover in place and the gap your talking about ?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't think the VCT cover was a straight bolt on.
Here's a pic.
Notice on the left that there's a gap between the cam cover and the front cover that covers the cam gears. In some spots it's like 3/4"

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
hrmm well for my VCT cover the seller gave me a guarantee if it doesn't line up or seal right (basically any problems) he will refund me

as for the Timing cover it should fit from the Contour there basically just reshaped..
just make sure theres some gap between the gear/belt and the cover, everything else should fit.. there may be a slight difference on the other side but being plastic shouldn't be hard to shave it if its sized different to make it fit.. and seeing it red I'm sure you will color the timing cover the same XD

·
Machinery Technician
7,322 Posts
did you end up buying an identical valve cover to the one i bought from you?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you end up buying an identical valve cover to the one i bought from you?
Yup!
I regretted that I sold it. [mecry]
Bought another one same style, same color.
I also bought the Roush cover too.

·
Machinery Technician
7,322 Posts
looks good!
i've been lazy and haven't done mine yet, but i will probably do it this week and post pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts