Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a ported subwoofer enclosure for a single 15'' I'm thinking about getting online for a Fi Sp4 15'' sub. I've had two 12'' sub setups before but I would like to try out this particular sub (only comes in 15'' or 18'').

Enclosure Dimensions (W x H x D): 33" x 16-1/2" x 21".

My trunks height is 16.5'' but I removed some rubber surrounds and some plastic cover near the trunk latch which gave me another inch of height. Trying to get the box in the trunk is my main concern.

I've seen 2 15'' subs (sealed box) in a focus sedan trunk online but the box dimensions were unknown.

If anybody have any experience or suggestions in trying to fit a box around this size please feel free to inform. Or if you have experience with a 15'' subwoofer setup. [:)]

·
Registered
15,427 Posts
Back seat, if like most of them the bottom seat part comes out very easily, the early ones simply snap in place.

You simply would not believe what I've carried in Focus cars including wagon. Easily 7/8ths of what most buy a pickup for. 10 foot long lumber, full size refrigerator, etc.

I carried 8 ft. lumber completely enclosed in Tempos by making the upper back seat come out in a jiffy, oh, the looks I got at Home Depot there. One guy came up to take a close look, looking at me doing it from the side he thought I was putting the lumber into a space/time portal, he was freaking out. He said I needed to be on the 'X-Files'. LOL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried measuring with the rear seats folded down but that won't fit. I'll try measuring the backseat trunk opening as if the rear seats are removed. Thanks for the responses.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,320 Posts
I've tried measuring with the rear seats folded down but that won't fit. I'll try measuring the backseat trunk opening as if the rear seats are removed. Thanks for the responses.
Yea, you could remove the rear seats & see if it fits or might have to leave the trunk open to get it home,,,,,

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had a 4 cubic foot net box in my trunk a few years ago. I had to remove the rear seats to get it in.

17Tx40Wx15D

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
It will fit. and your trunk opening is actually larger than the opening where your seats are due to where the metal of the panels is rounded on that side. I had a 5cuft box in my 2010 sedan trunk at one point. You have to slide it in at just the right angle for it to go in. Once you get the hang of that angle its a breeze. You get a couple more inches of clearance by taking off the plastic panels on the inside of the trunk before you put the box in.

Here is some pics of mine back when I had bigger setups in it. Now I just have 2 8's and trunk space(=

1 - 8 of 8 Posts