Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine who had a cougar is going to sell me his rims that he has. However, i didn't know if they would fit on my focus. There 18' rims. I know they fit fine on a cougar (my old one had 18's). Please let me know. I am in talks with someone who has 17's as well but i really want 18's. and the lug pattern will still fit right? [???:)]

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Yeah, the bolt pattern will fit, and yes 18s will fit. TJ (ScironZTS) used to have 18s on his sedan. I'm sure if you ask real nice he'll dig out some pics.

_PERSONALLY_ I wouldn't go any bigger than 17s, but whatever floats your boat. I still say go for the 17s you were looking at. [thumb]

·
Registered
491 Posts
goat roper dude i just saw that vid of u betting that tsi kick a$$ man that was bad haha

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
[:D] was fun, that guy never came back on the track.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program, "Will 18's fit on a focus"

·
Registered
491 Posts
lol this guy wants to trade me his 19's for my old 17 svt rims im kinda ifey on it cuz if i trade then less gas mileage for me and I have to get new rubber when my rims now have new rubber would u stay with ur 17 or get the 19 I mean I want my car and I dont know if I will still be able to get it that low with 19's

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
I wish I knew what post and/or car that was that had 19's on it so I could post it up here.

19' rubber will not be cheap by any means it the ride qualtiy leave s a bit to be desired, even on 18's. I did see a little hit on gas mileage, but nothing terrible (my rim setup is 6 pounds heavier than stock at each corner).

I probably wouldn't want to trade rims if I were you, you will want to have your old rims as backups. Save up so you can get them outright I say.

·
Registered
491 Posts
well I wanted to paint my whole car darth vader black like the grand nationals that black is bad a$$ and paint my rims to match with the car slammed as low as I can get it I dont know if the 19's would let me go that low ya know.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i loved my 18s. never regretted having them once. click my photo gallery button to see pix. just make sure you have money to buy a spare tire set aside if you ever need it. only downside is expensive rubber.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
18's on a compact car are pretty much the "norm" now. The bodies of new compact cars have gotten to be so large (height-wise) that anything smaller seems a bit... small. But whatever floats your big ol' boat. I sent you some pics, so check your PM's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i had 18's on my cougar and that's only a lil bigger then the focus. I am kinda at a stand still right now until I can find black ones i like. I am not sure when that well be. I had a set, that i wanted by the person selling them was in WA and i am in MD. So yea, i wanted to see them face to face b4 i bought them.
We'll see...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts