Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The rear fit just fine, but the front steelies wont clear the break calipers. Will 5mm spacers help ? Its like very close to gasping on to the holes of the steelie but it doesnt, im thinking 5mm spacer should do the trick , what do you guys think ?

( i bought the wrong size, should have got 15 inches , too late to return them now , so trying to fit 14inches on my 2011 SE ford focus 4x108

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
where is the point of contact? if its caliper on spokes, then spacers will help, if its caliper on barrel, then not likely going to help.

you can test fit using washers to emulate a 5mm spacer. don't drive that way though. but should be able to spin the wheel by hand when its jacked up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good question, going to check tommorow and let you know !

and that washer trick is a smart idea, will try it to see if it helps and if so , ill buy spacers

so weird to me how 1 inch less of a rim and it wont fit !! crazy

paid over 800$ for this set so hoping if 5mm dont help maybe get hubcentric 10mm spacers but we will see tommorow

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Brakes got larger in '05, following that 14's weren't a bolt on for the std. models.

Let us know how it works out with the test spacing, hadn't seen this tried before myself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So guys spacers will not help...there is actually nothing that will help unless you get 20mm hubcentric spacers and have a ridiculous front stance LOL ...the rims are way too small and if you put 20mm spacers there will be no thread to grisp on....so realistically there is absolutely no way you can fit a 14inch rim into a 2011+ focus even with the help of 10mm spacers

15" inch and above only

1 - 5 of 5 Posts