Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio (AM/FM with CD) will not not fade back to the front speakers. [?|] So, someone local to me has "the same" radio available out of their '07 because they put an aftermarket one in.

Is this a plug 'n play install, or is it an involved audio-phile-guru can of worms?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
will not work and honestly is not worth the time or the effort to make it work...wiring is different and the 07 radio uses a different mounting system and is a bigger radio

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yea it is not worth anytime to even replace your factory stereo with another factory stereo. Go aftermarket. The performance benefits are amazing. There are even companies that make ones that look a lot like your stock one. I know JBL made one that you would actually think was stock if you didn't know better. However it does perform much much better. Crutchfield.com also has a very nice kit that makes it possible to install a single din aftermarket into the 1.8 din. It makes it work very nicely and look good to.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked craigslist.org, and there's a guy who has a bunch (like three dozen) dead/retired/wrecked Focuses and sells parts from them. He said the Blaupunkt radio is junk and he doesn't even have any of them ('cause everybody needs one apparently) and that I should get an aftermarket one. This is basically your advice skikid.

Plus, I hadn't even thought about Crutchfield ... I must've been [sleeping] . Will check them out ASAP. Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
No problem. I had a Blaupunkt in mine and always thought it sounded pretty good for a stock head unit. Boy did I ever rethink that when I put my Kenwood in. Got if from Crutchfield for 169.99. The only thing I had to buy was solder and heat shrink tubing(can use electrical tape if you prefer) to put it in. They are awesome and you will be impressed by your new stereo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[
... They are awesome and you will be impressed by your new stereo.
Trouble with that is, I'm an old fart who listens to AM talk radio ([screwy] ) 99% of the time. Nonetheless, I like it faded to the front speakers when I do have it on, and that's the problem with my old Blaupunkt.

On the plus side (of being an old fart), if I feel like springing for 170 clams for something, I just do it, FTW. Couldn't do that when I was in college.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yea thats the downfall to college. All my money goes to books and food and not my car like it used to. But its worth it for the life time pay increase :)

But the reception AM and FM of my new unit is much better than the Blaupunkt was. So there is a plus side for you lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts