Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first time posting on the website as I am relativly new to the focus world and car world for the matter. I have posted on the Calgary Focus website a few times which I am sure a few of you may know of. Any how I have a 2005 zx4 with the 2.0l engine and I jsut recently bought a Spax suspension kit for it. Know when I make hard left and hard right turns I get a wierd squeel coming from what seems to be the front left side. I have tried such things as lubing the bushings and such, but has not seemed to make a difference. If any of you have had this problem or have any ideas as to what it may be that would be awsome. Anyhow thanks and I look forward to more and more topics in the future.

·
Registered
759 Posts
are you hitting the fender well? is it just the tires squeling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just a squeel, acutally at high speeds when i rock the steering weel back and forth it makes a slight chrip as well and makes a solid squeel when i turn, the car has to be moving though for me to hear it.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I just changed my springs myself. I had 2 noises that I fixed.

1) A clunking pop when the strut went up/down, bumps. It was the sway bar end links not being tight. To fix, take your front wheels off, put on jackstands. Then put the jack up under the lower control arm and jack up to compress the springs until you can wiggle the sway bar end link by hand, insert the torx head and tighten the bolt.

2) It was popping on the right front when I turned at low speeds. To fix, take the wheels off, loosen the top strut center nut under the hood. Take off the wheel and make sure the springs in seated at the corner lip on the top of the spring "plate" at the top. Center it, put the wheel back on and lower it to the ground. Then, tighten the center nut by inserting a torx head, and then tightening the center bolt BEFORE you move the car. This will compress the spring into the seats properly and stop it from moving within the plates when you turn.

Take care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts