Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have been driving now on my new parts for a while and my car is starting to do this really wierd thing. sometimes when i am starting out it sounds like it is misfiring and not getting enough power to push the car. and almost dies.. goes away once i get it over 2500 rpm and doesnt come back until i shut my car off. and it doesnt do it all the time. but enough to wory me. plus when i am on it working the new parts good and hard at about 4k the car hesitates for a spit second then i am off again. but only in first gear. do i just need a tune now. and that is why i am having all these problems.[dunno] and just yesterday my engine light came on and so i took it to auto zone to get it read and it said somethin about my gauges malfunctioning and a error code some where i dunno and nither di the guy at az. but nothing has been happening to my gauges they all work great. so please help whats goin on??? [?|]

·
Registered
7 Posts
check a couple of things. Of course first off. find out what the error code is. If its EGR related. I believe "Excess EGR flow detected" is what my car was reading. I'd get the DPFE sensor replaced/checked. 2nd Have you washed your engine compartment lately? These engines are much like the honda's where water gathers down the deep spark plug boot holes and puddles around the spark plugs. This causes misfires, usually most pronounced at lower RPMs.

This said, I think you problems sound most like a DPFE problem.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have blocked the egr is that the problem and 2 no i havent washed my motor lately.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont want to waste the money on a tune because i am going to go turbo with in the next few months. is there any way that i can tune for real cheap now and then get a real tune when i get my turbo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts