Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went out and did a little shopping today. I dreove around for about two huors and got to Best Buy. Went in and did my thing and came back out to go home.

I started the car up and it wouldn't idle. It just kept dying. It's not the fuel pump cuz it started and I could keep it running, just couldn't take my foot off the gas pedal. I had to keep it above 1000rpm's.

It was an adventure to get the thing home. Had to drive using the left foot to brake and shift in to neutral at stoplights. Thing died on me a couple of times.

It drove kind of rough on the highway. Not like a misfire, just kind of off. Like the timing was off a couple of degrees.

I was on one of the back roads near my house, and the engine kind of 'burped' and then it was fine.

WTF?

I put some gas in it before I had left and she was pretty low when I did. You think it might have been some sediment in the tank? I can't think of anything else...I changed the fuel filter like a year ago. I don't think it would be plugged up.

It was just the weirdest thing.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
it could be the idle air controller (iac). if the iac were to get stuck closed then there would be no way for the motor to get air at idle. i know that mine was stuck open and my idle was raised to 2k+ rpm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts