Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know what the widest tires anyone has stuck on their SVT or Focus for that matter with 17's? Ran some alternate sizes thru the wheel calculator and 235/4/17 and 255/40/17 come within 1% of speedometer error so I'm wondering what, if any, clearance problems I would have that anyone has experienced?

-Thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's cool..........I bought new wheels and tires and actually found that the Kuhmo 712 205/40/17 is putting down almost as much of a contact patch as my Conti sport's were. However, The SVT wtih new tires is an entirely new beast altogether. All that praise it got from automotive mags for handling I believe in now after shedding the OEM rubber.

-Later

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Gawd.... love the avatar... have no idea what is going on in this thread I am so distracted...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have 235 40 17 on my car. Becarefull who you get to mount them though if you go that route. The will most likely tear the bead on them cause the are significantly bigger! They are also heavier. Really, you are better off getting some bf goodrich g-forces, or kdw's if you are worried about traction.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
When I get my wide body kit, it's deep dish and fat tires FTW

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have 235 40 17 on my car. Becarefull who you get to mount them though if you go that route. The will most likely tear the bead on them cause the are significantly bigger! They are also heavier. Really, you are better off getting some bf goodrich g-forces, or kdw's if you are worried about traction.
what are they mounted on, and i wanna see pics.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Gawd.... love the avatar... have no idea what is going on in this thread I am so distracted...
LOL...so distracted...that you didn't realize this thread is going on 4 years old now. [histerical]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts