Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im starting to tune my car and im guessing i need a wideband , so which is a good one too buy? and does a kit come with everything i need??most of them are around 300? so which one should i get? and what should it come with?
HELP! [wrenchin]

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
Don't forget that you'll need to get it mounted too. Go on eBay for them--CFM takes a long time to ship to us in MI

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got a Autometer cobalt series digital, it was 250 on ebay. It came with the O2 sensor and everything excpet a pod to mount it in. I got a Triple gauge pod from CFM, it fit perfrect and looks great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
A little more specifics might help. Are you looking for a good all around tune or to maximize power and re-tune with every added mod? what mods have your currently done?

I only ask because if you don't intend on tuning yourself, and don't intend on squeezing every last HP out of the car. You may want to contact Tom and ask about his tune.

I don't want to speak for Tom and his tune, so contact him directly. But if you have a stock SVTF and are just looking for a good tune and not trying to adjust everything to maximize power (i.e. a good daily driver tune) You can probably skip the wideband and just get his tune, I think he has a good baseline that might be a good power boost but conservative enough not to absolutely require a wideband.

If you intend on lots of mods and pushing as much power as possible, then yes you definitely want a wideband to keep an eye on things. For example, intake mods, plus a highflow cat or exhaust mods, and tuning to maximize power with those mods, then you should have the wideband to make sure you don't go too lean.

But again, contact Tom or whoever you intend to tune your car and ask them about it directly. IIRC Tom recommended the wideband to me but said I could probably get by with his base tune without it. Though any tweaking of the tune and I should have the wideband to monitor things. Sadly I ended up spending the money I had earmarked for his tune at the time on a replacement clutch, so I never got to check out his tune personally.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Use the Focus Fanatics sponsors.

Screw Ebay and all it stands for!

... and there are 1,000 arguments to what is 'best'. Just pick one that is name brand and you'll be fine. Or do a search on opinions of what's best.

BTW, CFM takes ~3 days to ship to me. Not slow by any means.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts