Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking around and trying to find a wideband O2 sensor for my 05 zx4. Kind of confusing because the wide bands that I come up with all say thay they replace a different part number. So I have rattled my brain searching and now I come to you guys. 05 Ford Focus zx4 2.0 5 speed. they all say replaces Bosch part number but all I see are part numbers beginning with a 17 and the Bosch OE oxygen sensors I find fit my engine are all beginning with a 15. Heeeellllppppp!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't have a stand alone gauge right now. I can read/write A/F Commands on my OBDLINK software, planned on attempting that before ordering a gauge. A buddy of mine did say that he wouldn't trust it and I should get a gauge, so I've been looking. He didn't answer me about whether a controller was needed. But I figured for Budget purposes I wanted to just start off with my software. Is that not a good idea?? And do I need a controller?? I do allot of Amazon shopping mainly do to budget. Found a wideband O2 for $40 that comes up when I search for my car, however I know better to trust everything that comes up. Having trouble referencing, but I think I got that figured out. Sooooo, any advice short of super expensive parts at the moment are appreciated!? Hey Tom, that link is the same sensor I was looking at on Amazon. Are they gauge specific??

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
The Wideband air fuel gauge is one of the most important tools to add to your Focus for Tuning , if its wrong you will damage the engine , I would buy a AEM 30-4110 and use it

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
The Wideband air fuel gauge is one of the most important tools to add to your Focus for Tuning , if its wrong you will damage the engine , I would buy a AEM 30-4110 and use it

Tom

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, I've been studying the process of fuel mapping, reminds me why I got out of computers!! Lol I'm for an inexpensive way just start off. Ok, so gauge is a must, according to 2 people, which is more most could say. But what about a controller Tom?? Would it truly be best to just get the whole damn kit??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, thank you Tom. A series of unfortunate events has come to a head today so it will definitely be taking a back seat. Unfortunately it was going to be at least partially my way out. Getting back into racing that is.

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
The difference in the 15 and 17 number thing is likely due to looking up your sensor which is a narrow band one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts