Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get the ACTUAL tuning process started on my car by getting tom to tune it properly instead of driving around on my club fingered attempts at a custom tune. it hasnt been driven more than 20 miles in nearly 2 years. its a 400wtq+ capable giggle maker and its just sitting outside my door collecting dust. but it cant do that because my wideband a/f gauge is being stupid. i plug it up to my laptop to datalog and look at the gauge and it reads constant and steady. i look at the corrected analog input on my laptop and the reading is constantly zigzagging all over the map making it impossible to read. ive rewired the laptop hookup and no change. the datalogging software wont work with any other laptop of mine because it doesnt seem to like windows 7 or 8 even though i suspect that the issue is with my laptop but i cannot be sure. any advice here is welcome before i start blindly replacing things. its a aem uego wideband btw and the laptop is an old acer netbook running xp. its never been used for anything except datalogging

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Keep in mind that the in car display is smoothed.
When you look at the datalog it should average to what the in car is displaying. Think of it working the same way as if you'd log the Tach. The logs will show a variation but the gauge won't appear to move as much.

If the factory O2 is working correctly, the WBO2 should bounce back and forth. Depending on what the tune is calling for will determine how far from 1 it bounces from. So long as the average is near 1, you should be good.

If you're using Live Link to datalog, you shouldn't have any issues with Windows 7. That is what I'm using and I have no big issues.

Can't make promises for Logworks or some other logging software.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
I can remote in and see if I can help , notebooks are not very good for datalogging , windows 7 and 8 should work and the new gen2 they have working better now days

Tom

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it isnt normal variation. i know what that looks like but this is jumping all the way from off the map rich to off the map lean and its at complete random with sometimes for barely a moment getting a reading right where it should be.

tom you already got with me on it briefly several months ago and we ran out of daylight and ive been too busy since then to follow up. im going to pull the sensor, gauge, and all the wiring apart and check every bit of it and if i cant find anything wrong ill reinstall and see if there is any change. just dont know when im going to get the chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts