Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know wich one between a turbo and a supercharger is the best for my focus zts (once exaust and intake has been installed of course!)

·
Registered
813 Posts
In both instances you will probably be replacing your intake so you may want to hold off on installing one. If you go with a turbo you will be replacing your header if you get one so be aware of that as well. Other than thoes two pieces of information the decision is yours. The decision should be researched by you and you alone and then YOU make the decision. You are going to get a million different responses and in the end it will still be your decision. Educate yourself and make an informed decision for yourself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You won't need the intake with either FI system and you won't need a header with the turbo.(it comes with a special one)As far as which system is better,it has been debated for years.I own both turbo cars and S/C'd.I prefer the S/C'd vehicles as the power comes on early and strong.Turbos may get you more on the top end,but for most driving the S/C is more enjoyable,from my personal experience,not from what I've read.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i suggest doing a few searches to find out the pro's and con's of each. it all depends on what you're looking for in the end. with turbo's, power is nearly unlimited because they respond very well to mods. but with superchargers, the upgradabilty is rather limited compared to turbos.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Also, if you can get a turbo with a small housing, it'll spool quicker and produce less lag, so it'll kick in right away. Bigger turbos lag more, and noticable, but good good power.

·
Registered
152 Posts
...I agree largely with all of the replies. Both FI applications have their pros and cons. I've had a turbocharged car, and currently own a S/C'd car. Honestly, because both cars have been my daily drivers, the performance differences seemed minute. Ultimately, it's simply a decision you gotta' make. If a turbo or SC is installed properly--with proper tuning, etc.--you'll be thoroughly pleased either way, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
yeah the swoosh of a blow off valve is pretty cool though and sounds badass. when people hear that they will break their necks to turn and look. but with a sc you can sneak attack their asses though. but like focalpointe, either way you will not be dissapointed. there's a few great kits out there.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah, but with the SC, I'd love to get that spool up just like the Mad Max movies in that badass Aussie Ford. [:)~]

·
Registered
210 Posts
You can have a BOV on a centerfugail supercharger too.

Turbo or Supercharger, you'll love the power!!!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
It all boils down to how much power you want to make....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
It all boils down to how much power you want to make....
...Yeah, ...what he said...[paranoid]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts