Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Nathan here from La Crosse, WI. I'm new to the Ford Focus world, but I have a 2000 sedan. I NEED your help! I am in the process of overhauling the front suspension. The vehicle had a control arm rust thru and snap in half; destroyed the driver's side CV axle.

I got new control arms/ball joints, new tie rod ends, new sway bar links, new struts w springs, new CV axle...I hope to save the pass' CV axle.

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]I need to find a place to purchase the bolts and nuts, as a couple were rounded off and had to be ground off.

This guy did a great job with the illustration; highlighting what I need:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/roy_vanegas/6221266739/in/set-72157627841734930

Also, I will likely need the strut knuckle bolt and possibly the sway bar link nuts.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Your Flickr link doesn't work. Are you able to upload the photo to the forum instead?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I'm quite sure Ford has them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's odd. Try this route, Google: "ford focus control arm bolts" then click images. The diagram has the bolts circled in red. Thanks for the heads up about the link.

·
Registered
609 Posts
As others have stated you can go to your local Ford dealer to get the bolts.

Another alternative is to go to a hardware store with your bolts and nuts in hand and get replacement bolts. Ideally you want to get metric grade 10.9 flange bolts and nuts (for the 2 horizontal bolts with nuts (ball joint pinch bolt and forward control arm mounting bolt)). For the bolts that attach vertically into the frame (rearward control arm mounting bolts) may be dealer only parts as the bolts a hardware store has may have different threading on them. For the bolts with backing nuts thread pitch of the HW store bolts is not as important as you can get replacement nuts for them, whereas the vertical bolts are threaded into the frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.

I went to the local Ford dealer. Some of the bolts come in packs of 2 to 4, so I will have some leftover nuts and bolts. Came to about $82. I will post the part #s for all to reference. Thanks to everyone who posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts