Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious why the hand break is positioned differently between the models, i noticed on the ST it's also in the same position is there anything different mechanically or did they just wanna make things different? I have an SEL on order and was just curious why i dont get that lil pocket there.

No pocket

Pocket!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The SE feels more mechanically substantial. I think they are both rotating around the same pivot point, the SEL just has a longer curved lever arm to position it further forward.

The SEL gets a slightly longer center console (arm rest) as a result of the re-arrangement. Other than that, I don't see any good reason for it, maybe it is just a way to create some separation between the trim levels.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's lame because if you move up in trim you loose the odd like cubby right near your knee that's not good for much... yet I'd miss it. Haha... It has become my daily challenge to find uses for it and I'd hate to lose the amusement. :p Also prefer the cupholder layout on the SE rather than the widthwise layout in the SEL.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Form versus function? I much prefer the darker integrated look of the higher spec trim levels interior and dash layout. Sure the little pocket is missing but the armrest storage area might be bigger.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have a Titanium (top picture) and I'm glad I have that one instead of the second picture. The second picture looks chinsy (I test-drove an SE model that looked like that) and cheap. That little pocket is downright useless...higher models have a little pocket in front of the cupholders (unless you get the heated seats, then the heated seat controls go there). It's not quite the size of that one but it's great for change (or the IA fob if I'm playing volleyball with shorts that have no pockets).

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I have the SE with black plastic inside (thank God, that white is HIDEOUS). Anyway I keep my car key separate from the rest of my keys. I hate keys in my pocket especially while sitting. Therefor I use the little cubby for my keys. Since this is a post about the e-brake I'll touch on that real quick. I think its position in the SE will suit my winter time ass drag drifting needs a little better (DO NOT ATTEMPT ON PUBLIC ROADS).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i think the center armrest may be slightly larger on the SEL/Ti, o well, guess it makes sense, i got heated seats (canadian winter) so nice when its -30'C lol. I think everyone likes the upgraded look, i have an SEL with the 6 speakers somewhat upgraded radio on it, didn't wanna bother with the MFT.

I kinda want somewhere to put loose change and crap, seems it will be floating around in my cupholders, o well

·
Registered
232 Posts
thank God, that white is HIDEOUS
I agree on a darker car but i sat in a white sel sedan with the stone light grey interior and it was a nice combo. The darker interior with the black leather seats does look more upscale but i guess it should for the extra dough.

·
Registered
133 Posts
IDK, I still like the tuscany red leather interior better than the plain black. Even on an SE, I think it makes it look very upscale.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IDK, I still like the tuscany red leather interior better than the plain black. Even on an SE, I think it makes it look very upscale.
yea the tuscany red is nice if you can justify the 1200$ upgrade or w/e i would rather just get an SEL for a few bucks more rather then leather and you get the brownish interior

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, the SEL looks a little more refined but no manual is a deal breaker. And to be fair, the SE pic is a cell phone pic while the SEL pic is a professional promotional shot. Also as has been pointed out, that beige plastic is pretty terrible on any car. Looks much better overall with black!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the SEL looks a little more refined but no manual is a deal breaker. And to be fair, the SE pic is a cell phone pic while the SEL pic is a professional promotional shot. Also as has been pointed out, that beige plastic is pretty terrible on any car. Looks much better overall with black!
Yea luckly they have a manual on the SEL in Canada :) i have one on order, the pics i just took whichever i found first, there aren't many pics of the base radio in a focus that are nice pro shots tho. But yea no manual on the SEL would be a setback for me too, so glad i dont like automatic tranny's the first focus i test drove was an automatic and i didn't like it's shifting at all

·
Registered
239 Posts
Aw, you are lucky indeed. On the bright side, it prevented me from spending many thousands more on a more spec'd up car.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Yea luckly they have a manual on the SEL in Canada :)
But isn't a Canada Spec SEL just a US Spec SE? I'm not sure how Honda works up there anymore but I know the Canada Spec Civic SIs were just US Spec EXs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No it has the upgraded interior, same style as the titanium, just comes with the 6speaker system the stereo level above the base, go to ford.ca and spec it out but here we are having employee pricing so an SE u get 1000 or so off, and u cant get the sport package without the convenience package plus i need the winter package so to get the rims or anything on an SE ur 800$ short of an SEL with the 1600$ discount.

With those options, and our 13% sales tax the prices are
SE
manual
Winter package
group 201A
Sport package
=$23138

Base SEL
manual tranny
$24098
comes with all of the se features i listed upgraded brown ti spec interior plus lots more as well i got the 17" polished thrown in cause he wouldnt drop the price any futher

1 - 15 of 15 Posts