Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone else on here has had any problems with trades going south...because i had a deal set up with a member and we were going to trade intakes...well i sent mine and he never sent his....just this is the first time i have tried anything on this site just wondering if this happens a lot? thanks

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I don't know about it happening a lot, but it is definitely "Buyer Beware". I bought one item off this list, and sold several others, and haven't had a problem. I would like to think that everyone on this list is good, but just like the rest of the world there's a few bozos who screw things up...
If you were buying or selling I'd suggest using PayPal to have some coverage, but since it was a swap you had no option there.
Don't be afraid to post the bozo's information - at least that way you might keep someone else from getting screwed - or embarass him into making good...

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Heres my .02.. i bought a set of rims off of here from another user, BUT, i made sure it was within driving distance from me. Its not that i dont trust people, but i wanted to pay cash, as i dont have paypal, and i didnt want to have to pay shipping on rims.

My suggestion to you: WHen buying anything, try to find it closer to home, within driving distance. This way, the seller knows he/she is getting their money, and you know that your not getting screwed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hey before going public with this persons info, you should try getting ahold of them again, and if you don't get a response, I would then contact a moderator with a PM and give them this persons info and see what they want you to do. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's rep until I know for sure they don't have a legitimate excuse. Just my .02

·
Registered
341 Posts
I say screw the guys rep blow him out of the water post his name and let the FF comunity shun his every request...

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
dukie4life said:
wondering if anyone else on here has had any problems with trades going south...because i had a deal set up with a member and we were going to trade intakes...well i sent mine and he never sent his....just this is the first time i have tried anything on this site just wondering if this happens a lot? thanks
How long have you been waiting for this guy to return his intake? Maybe something happened on his end. Yeah, I'd try to get a hold of him again before posting his info. Then contacting the mods for assistance. Paypal and meeting in person are safer options. Hopefully this guy will come to his senses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long have you been waiting for this guy to return his intake? Maybe something happened on his end. Yeah, I'd try to get a hold of him again before posting his info. Then contacting the mods for assistance. Paypal and meeting in person are safer options. Hopefully this guy will come to his senses

its been over 2 weeks now. i overnighted mine to him...his request... and he told me he was going to do the same. but like i said its been over 2 weeks and nothing... i have called and talked to him and he said it was sent but he didnt have a tracking number.. he throw it away or something... im just pissed because im out an intake

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to "Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews"...
Please use caution with the public info.
At least give the seller a chance to explain the situation.

Once that opportunity is exhausted, and their end of the deal isn't satisfied...
By all means...post away!

Ya never know, there could be a valid reason...
Though, that doesn't look like the case here. [:(]

·
Registered
469 Posts
What you should do is call ups, fedex and dsl and usps to see if any packages were ever scheduled to be shipped to your address and if they say no then this guy is all bull shit about sending it, just tell them you never recieved a tracking #. Thats what i did when draxas claimed they sent my headers.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
^^^ There's the best place to start - cause if they don't have you in their "ship to" information then you know the guy is screwing with you...
Give it your best shot, but don't worry about ruining the guys rep (as long as all your info is right)- HE'S the one that should be worried about it!

·
Registered
608 Posts
^^^ I second that. Just make sure and double check everything and if your still getting screwed, then by all means, let us know who this fool is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
get this guys i was looking around on the buy sell trade and i came across a thread from him... he is trying to sell the cold air intake for 75$.... i left a reply saying you cant sell that...its mine you just havent sent it yet. the nerve of some people. he hasnt said anything back yet

·
Registered
169 Posts
now i think u should announce this douch bags info!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
If he's posted your trade as a "For Sale" you own him! And if it's the F2 intake I just missed out on it's just as well. I say call him on it and post all his info!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Tell us where he lives when your done trying to get him to finish the transaction.
One of us may live near him, and if that happens to be me, I might just swing by for the fun of it.
Let us know.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Whats the members screen name?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts