Focus Fanatics Forum banner

341 - 360 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
You won't understand it, to do so you have to be mentally aberrant like the 40% is.. No sensible person thinks like Trump. Truth is not truth is the mark of insanity. Why his numbers are now headed south. The independents gave him a chance but now he has been seen for what he is. Utterly incompetent as he listens to whoever whispers in his ear at the moment. Why his policy put together looks like a mosiac created by a madman.

·
FF Affiliate
30,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
How can you support a president that didn't do what you believed was best I don't understand that?

Stay safe. Hope you and your family are doing well. Maybe next year will be better.
I back Trump because I feel he can and has done some good and with who there was to pick from I felt he would do the least amount of damage unlike the MORON before him that is still costing me THOUSANDS of dollars and its the same with the upcoming election its no longer about who is going to do the best job its about who is going to do the least amount of damage like the MORON before him

Hope you and your Family are doing good as well

Tom

·
Registered
71 Posts
We all know the virus dies and goes away when it gets hot.
Have you seen the death count, which has plummeted to almost nothing? A whole lot of asymptomatic (read healthy, stronger than the virus) people are testing positive because people are, for some stupid reason, getting tested when not ill. Proof that absent media hype and government imbecility, nobody would even know this thing was a thing. Did I mention the three late-septuagenarians that got sick in mid February and just thought it was the flu or pneumonia? Not one of them could be called healthy beforehand, and they all recovered in a couple weeks and are just fine.

If you think the guy gives a shit about how many Americans have died do to Covid you are even crazier than him.
That's exactly how I feel about all the incompetent state governors! They're all on a power trip. The death counts are still not enough to have ever warranted the repression and economic suicide. .03% of the population died, mostly people that would've dropped from a strong flu season. Whoop de do!
The problem with public/private schools is class size
Simply not true. This is liberal code for "extract more taxpayer money for do-nothing goverment employees." There are many factors, from unions unconcerned about teacher performance to low-quality parenting (cough, single mothers, cough) to our immigrant problem. But the 50's had Catholic schools with 50-80 students taught by a nun and those students turned out great.
But don't trust me. Look who has large class sizes. Or give props to Russia. I'll take either.

Utterly incompetent as he listens to whoever whispers in his ear at the moment.
Totally agree that Kushner has to go.

Gerald Celente was on last night for two hours and he is dead on about how utterly idiotic this perpetual hysteria has been and how it is mostly because cable news stations realized that coverage pulled their ratings up out of the dump and way up. I expect the media to be shysters, but the sad fact is that such a large swath of the populace are such unquestioning rubes that they keep sucking this obvious BS up, month after month.

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Uh, the death toll was trending much lower but just took a big jump in the last day. Can't say whether right or not. 135ish to 138C, that's back in the big numbers again.

One should question everything..................my question being, if one does not listen to the daily 'news' then who in the much worse remaining choices left does he listen to? The lesser of two evils there. It doesn't take a brain quant to pick up on yellow journalism which is now taking over otherwise reputable stations, they have caught Fox disease.

'...low-quality parenting (cough, single mothers, cough)....

I don't see that just because they are single, they could easily have dumped the kids like good ol' Dad did.

I also know several people raised in Catholic schools, that is why they will never be Catholic ever again. My wife being one of them.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Uh, the death toll was trending much lower but just took a big jump in the last day. Can't say whether right or not. 135ish to 138C, that's back in the big numbers again.

One should question everything..................my question being, if one does not listen to the daily 'news' then who in the much worse remaining choices left does he listen to? The lesser of two evils there. It doesn't take a brain quant to pick up on yellow journalism which is now taking over otherwise reputable stations, they have caught Fox disease.

'...low-quality parenting (cough, single mothers, cough)....

I don't see that just because they are single, they could easily have dumped the kids like good ol' Dad did.

I also know several people raised in Catholic schools, that is why they will never be Catholic ever again. My wife being one of them.
Absolutely true those schools are borderline abusive well not borderline they are abusive.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Grey Friar
926 Posts
There is no rational support for Trump, it's all false hero worship of a guy who lies about who he is, what he believes, how successful he is, what "everybody else" is doing wrong, and breaks the law the entire time, while failing to protect the interests of the American citizen and the well-being of the human race.

Now the POS has taken control of medical data about the Covid-19 pandaemic. All disease data has been diverted from the CDC and directed through the WH. Just wait, all you gullible Trumpanzees, pretty soon it will "seem" as though the pandemic is "winding down", and Trump will claim "victory" for being the greatest leader ever, who stopped the virus cold in it's tracks... I wonder if he will dust-off Dubya's old sign, "Mission Accomplished", while the fighting and dying in and around Iraq continues.

Bleach advise can be expected to become the norm with the WH controlling medical info... or maybe we will see great amounts of research dollars put into the hands of some DJT crone to find out how to get UV light inside the body. He's stupid and insane... anybody who continues to follow his advise is also. Some DJT supporters may want the dumb, poor, and/or insane to die, so the insurance companies don't have to see the quarterly profits grow at a slower rate than they could, but those people are not the majority of Americans... most of us want to see those people receive help, in education, housing assistance, job skill training, college loan interest forgiveness, and wellness programs. The GOP has none of that on the table, and DJT has removed much of what was already there for them.

Sure Biden sucks, and the DNC waffles about a clear direction to move in, but at least they both know the direction we're headed in now will destroy the country. At the very east, they will return to the rule of law and justice, to forging international agreements that benefit the environment, and American manufacturing, and American investments, to prevention of crime rather than just punishment of crime, and to helping the average American rather than just helping the top 2%. The only reason the country still runs at all, is because of the skills and dedication of all the agency professionals, doing their jobs in spite of being badly handicapped by the idiotic executive orders of the POS in the WH.

It looks good for Biden (although I wish it could have been someone else), DJT has a 40% approval rating nationally, and is below 50% in FL, GA and even TX... the center of the oilmen's corruption... he's down a lot all across the strongholds of the GOP. Not enough white people trust or like him to put him over everybody else.

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Somebody here who was worried about the impact of previous prez and saying Trump does less damage. If we at some point have to lean on our 'allies' we may well find that idea flipped on its' head. One more thinking only of his own interests and not more broadly of the country overall. Or even the world. Anybody checked out that '9-dash line'? China now claiming the territorial waters of like 10 other countries and within 25 miles of their landlines. Claiming waters over 1000 miles away from China that border countries right up to their shores now. When the push comes to shove and a US ship gets a rocket to sink I'll bet you a million bucks Trump will raise a fit then do nothing just like he did to great relief after Iran didn't call his bluff. China is NOT Iran. Trump when pushed hard IS a chicken.

Yet the man tells Chris Wallace about the '2 big beautiful wars' the US had...........bone spurs man has lost his mind.

Trump has the government so organized now that the trade guy talks about covid as an 'expert' and the treasury guy speaks of immigration while the homeland security lead talks about banks and the economy. Oh yeah, those guys have not a clue even as to what their own jobs are. The most dysfunctional government we have ever had in terms of cabinet heads not knowing their own jobs but having too much to say about the jobs of others. The swamp is hugely bigger than it was before.

When a razor sharp logical thinking ultra-R like Chris Wallace flips to go after Trump more and more you know the cracks are getting deep. Trump talked of how difficult the cognitive test he just took was, you had to identify a picture of a snake and an elephant, Trump said it was HARD. Wallace was laughing at him over the answer, he had just taken the same test to know how hard it was. Priceless........twice Trump called for the talking points (Crazy McEnany right there to the side waiting for it) to prove his point when Chris called him out as wrong, and both times POtuS shown to be a liar. He hadn't read it. Trump put the interview out in the heat so he could pressure Chris to shorten the interview and walk out if needed and Chris just kept going, Trump sweating like a pig. Said it was hot, Chris reminded him 'YOU wanted it that way' as if to stick the fork in him more. One good sentence........'I like masks' at the start and then it ends 'I don't like masks'.

The man is f-cking nuts, Biden can't touch that. Talking about signing a comprehensive healthcare bill in 2 weeks based on what the Supreme Court ruled on DACA??????!!?? I guess he fires all of Congress tomorrow to do it because that's the ONLY way.

Reactions: Pb-foot

·
Grey Friar
926 Posts
Yet the man tells Chris Wallace about the '2 big beautiful wars' the US had...........bone spurs man has lost his mind.

Trump has the government so organized now that the trade guy talks about covid as an 'expert' and the treasury guy speaks of immigration while the homeland security lead talks about banks and the economy. Oh yeah, those guys have not a clue even as to what their own jobs are. The most dysfunctional government we have ever had in terms of cabinet heads not knowing their own jobs but having too much to say about the jobs of others. The swamp is hugely bigger than it was before.

When a razor sharp logical thinking ultra-R like Chris Wallace flips to go after Trump more and more you know the cracks are getting deep. ...
Absolutely! DJT is a duck in a barrel for anyone with any thinking skills.

Our government has never been more DISorganized than it is under the Donny. The little weasel can't tell a brave man from a coward, or a smart man from an idiot... he has zero perspective. Right now DJT has all the foxes 'guarding' all the hen houses, and still a significant number of people who are having trouble finding eggs, continue to yell about how good it is to have foxes killing the chickens... they repeat, "get rid of them all, drain the swamp!"... without a single idea of how the two are connected.

Trump supporters:
Failing infrastructure? "So what, give us a tax break."
Failing environment? "So what, give us more shit-to-buy."
Failing education? "So what, let the kids play."
Wages going down? "So what, let the 2%ers make more."
Men and women dying and being maimed in perpetual war? See all of the above.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I wear a mask everywhere and have stopped visiting my parents and canceled trips. However, I'm confused on what to think given all the info out. Seems like the virus is mutating, the tests are inaccurate, and there is something different in the media/internet daily.

I have a coworker in mid 50s, goes to gym regularly, had all the signs - fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, felt like he could not breath and wondered if this was "IT" (his words). His son told me that he took him to the ER twice and observed the left side of his face was blue. Turns out he tested NEGATIVE for covid twice and was negative once for covid antibodies. Guy said it took 4-5 weeks before it did not hurt to draw in a deep breath. Also, said he was as sick as he has ever been in his life. Given most people tested for covid qualify based on a physician determination that they have covid symptoms and there is only a 15% positivity rate (several weeks ago it was more like 5-6% in the Dallas-Fort Worth area), how many people are actually getting this??? Also, look at European countries - some of those countries report a much lower rate of positive covid per capita but have a higher covid death rate. This also does not makes sense to me as supposedly, I have read the US is doing less testing than other developed countries. A few countries like Sweden and Belarus with no lockdown just powered through it with minimal difference in death rates (granted, Belarus numbers may not be trustworthy). Also, some countries that have very bad health systems and no lockdowns have low positives and low death rates. Anecdotally, there are a bunch of people in the US that think they may have had covid in December-February timeframe when they did not test positive for flu. A lot of the info out there just does not make sense. I'm still scared and playing it safe but I wonder WTH is going on...

I was like a lot of others in hot climate states that had a hopful optimism this type of disease died down in the heat.

Anyway, does anyone else get the impression that different countries and states don't have an apples to apples accounting of covid deaths and covid positivity rates?

I remain careful but confused...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get Covid and I think it is more deadly than flu, but looking at the John's Hopkins website, the positivity numbers as well as mortality ratios coming out of other developed countries are totally incomparable with the US. Per the site, the US has a 3.7% covid mortality rate when UK is about 15%, France 14%, Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, all well over 4-10%. US has 3+M positives, which is more than all those countries combined but a relatively low % of positive cases - and of the confirmed positives, a generally much lower mortality rate. How come we don't see analysis or theories about the disparities in data? The Johns Hopkins data makes little sense ..

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Part of it is having enough sense to realize that no one system or country rates the disease in the same ways. And just because you listen to world or national news does not mean you accept all of it as some is typically wrong. That has always been that way and so has the situation getting much worse when people dump that to go to their own much narrower and focussed 'just for them' twitter or facebook news from a favorite group. When you end up in a place where everybody agrees with everything you say you HAVE f-cked up, that is the worst possible thing for you to be in. Sorting through differing viewpoints makes your mind and thinking processes stronger, you won't get that there.

You WANT to see bigger news groups and world news to have to make your own personal choices, narrowing that back down to limited viewpoints is the most stupid thing one can do, it's how radicals (left or right, it makes no difference) take control of your mind.

Yes, deciding what is true and what's not is harder, but when things go wrong you can at least say YOU made the choice instead of others who made it for you, but some limited thinkers prefer the latter case, they cannot look at themselves to critique their own thinking. Like our president, who ALWAYS has to blame somebody else as his own mental weakness prevents him from ever successfully doing that himself. You can pass a cognitive test as to what a snake or an elephant is and still be a mental idiot. Like him.

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Just announced in the news Trump wishes Ghislane Maxwell 'well', and exactly what I'm talking about. The man is 100% incapable of any decision making even to his own personal best interest. That is not the act of a thinking being.

Reactions: Pb-foot

·
Registered
113 Posts
Although different countries may have different testing methods and priorities, the below chart of deaths per 100k may be the best indicator how the US is doing compared to some other countries. Still not apples to apples but it may be “like fruit” between certain countries. UK has a rather high Covid death rate and speaking to a UK friend today, he said that people resisted mask wearing and lockdowns. Since UK, Belgium, Spain, Italy, and Sweden had a little headstart on the US, I guess US deaths per 100k will go up at a faster rate than the others.

Here is the % of positive tests from the CDC. Barely 1 positive in 10 seems low. I wonder how accurate the tests are or if they are being administered/handled properly. The US has about 3.8M cases - so 4.7M positives probably includes retakes. Speaking with a co-worker trying to get into Russia when they open to foreigners on Aug 1, Russia requires a negative test before entry but they will not accept a US test. Russia marches to their own drum but they may have a valid concern not to accept the US test.

DFW area new daily cases hit all time highs recently with people going out a lot more and the DFW Airport picking back up again (the busiest airport in the world recently). However, the two major counties of Dallas and Tarrant just registered the first two week period of downtrend (miniscule as it is). This is good news and it seems to coincide with more people wearing masks (and required to wear masks). Let's hope it continues.

Reactions: amc49

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
X2, I agree with the last part. It finally seems to be sinking in, do SOMETHING or it goes on forever. Texans with all the self independence are often the last to fall in line on things like that. They will argue with a dead tree on their rights to screw other people around to get something they themselves want. When I was a boss over other people, daily I used to shake my head at how many of them will destroy future earnings prospects in a second to get in your face to tell you what they are going to do and d-mn you if you didn't like it. I fired so many when that then later goes too far and most of them pushed for it when you gave them the choice to shape up or ship out. It's like many never even think about having to find another job until they are there by their own error. They would do it even if you tried to make it easy to stay, no they are going to SHOW YOU they mean what they say. Such silliness simply has to be rewarded and I then gave them what they wanted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just announced in the news Trump wishes Ghislane Maxwell 'well', and exactly what I'm talking about.
He can't say something bad about her. That would be anti-semitic.
speaking to a UK friend today, he said that people resisted mask wearing and lockdowns.
Yeah, even the guy that thought up the lockdown scheme couldn't stick with it. He had to bone some other guy's wife.

·
Grey Friar
926 Posts
The disinformation "news" coming out of states that agreed to politicize this pandemic, either due to GOP loyalty (DJT at the head... poor GOP) or due to pandering to local voters who support DJT, is skewing our death rate data. This disease has been politicized by the POS POTUS. It seems pretty obvious that if death rates in most other responsible 1st world countries are around 10%, give or take a few percent, and we are claiming only 3%, it is due to differences in reporting metrics, and fudging data on the part of certain state disease reporting centers. I bet that one day someone will pour through the COD reports and tally ALL contributing causes of death, and we will find out that our percent of deaths that included Covid-19 is actually much higher.

Don't put it past those who value the consumer economy over everything else to list a cause of death that avoids including coronavirus. If someone has a known preexisting condition of heart disease, or diabetes, or obesity, or cystic fibrosis, or severe allergies, etc, and they contract Covid-19, the coroner (politically elected) could easily report that it was the preexisting condition that caused the death, rather than the new infection. That wouldn't even be a total lie, just a partial lie, because the dead person did have a deadly infirmity, and the Covid was just party to their death. With POS POTUS punishing states and fighting state governors that are "blue", the states that are "red" could easily fall in line with their cult to "help" the idiot look better... so they can all hold on to the claim "it's just a hoax, almost no one is dying".

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It's interesting one side believes they are over-reporting the deaths and the other side seems to believe they are under reporting the deaths.

Both believe this because of their political belief system.
If we had a Democrat for president it would be flip-flopped.

Norway is at 2.8% I would consider that a first world country big time.
Germany and Denmark both 4.5% first World countries.

Yes I do see the UK a first world country that has 15%.

If you want to drop your death rate all the country has to do is do more tests. More positive tests equals lower death rate pretty simple.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Zac – with you. Pb-Foot – learn from your posts too. However, I do think the media has sensationalized Covid (and it sells). I do see more stories about the one-off twenty-somethings that are periodically getting sick than I see about the thousands that are dying in assisted living.

Anyway, we have a few test populations to gain insight from:
  • The Diamond Princess cruise ship (that had a predominantly > 50 yrs old population) that was initially barred from docking in Japan started with 4k passengers and crew. As people got sick, they were evacuated. In total, there were just over 700 “patients,” 334 of which had no symptoms and 7 that died. 7 out of 700 is about 1% - in a generally older population that had limited ability to socially distance and to not inhale the same HVAC air. 80% did not test positive.

• The USN aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt (a younger population) although evacuated from the ship early on, had about 1,000 out of its 5,000 crew testing positive and they were tested weekly during the quarantine in Guam. 1 person died and similarly, 80ish% did not test positive. (Incidentally, they docked on an island that only had about 35 cases at the time)
I think the 9% positivity rate for US testing is too low given that the majority of people tested in the US had some symptoms and were referred by physicians. It is easier to get a test now “if you want” but most people are still getting tested because of symptoms. Something is wrong with the tests - maybe the tests are failing, or administration is bad (i.e., not sticking the swab back far enough or many private labs have errors). Even on the ships where they tested everyone– symptoms or not–it was more like a 20% positivity rate. I think the test positivity rate should be higher and the reality number is much higher due to mild/asymptomatics that have not tested. ...But testing almost does not matter as it is way too late for contact tracing - I just want to make a point that a lot more people possibly have Covid.

Having said all that, Covid is an arse-kicker and DEADLY for too many. There are less than 100k intensive care beds in the US (for 325M people) so it could turn into a nightmare worse than Italy.

I say do anything to get the economy up as soon as possible and that includes social distancing and masks. Some venues like gyms, bars, and large gatherings are high risk for now – so adjust for other people’s sake, if not your own. Glad DJT did not make Covid sound like the apocalypse, however, I'm disappointed he did not encourage everyone to mask up. Trump could have been a powerful example. Mask wearing with less lockdowns could have minimized businesses going belly up and the PERMANENT job losses.

People in Japan and Korea have been wearing masks in the streets and at work for the common cold since the 90s and it works (the even have some masks where you can put small menthol/medicine packs in the mask). Japan’s and S. Korea’s current Covid case/death numbers support that too.

I fear the lockdowns have caused more damage than the virus itself - time will tell, hope I am wrong. I will let you know if I am still employed this time next year…

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Of course the media is overhyping things, Trump called them out as liars at the very start of his 'reign' and utterly stupid for doing so, they now have the world's largest axes to grind to use on him. It bumps them up while doing it too. I for one can easily handle the 1 to 50 lie ratio the media has playing against Trump.

He wishes Ghislane Maxwell well because he has had sex with her, don't kid yourself, and likely the next pardon target to save his own hide. She knows things about him and likely Bill Clinton too. We'll see if she commits 'suicide' too.

341 - 360 of 398 Posts