Focus Fanatics Forum banner

281 - 300 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
With near universal use of cloth and medical masks worn in public in Wuhan, China during the 2019-2020 flu season leading up to the COVID-19 outbreak, the outbreak spread virtually unchecked.
In a study involving 1607 health care workers across 14 hospitals, the rate of infection outcomes were 13 times higher in the cloth mask group compared with the medical mask group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Believe It or not guys I normally read the stuff that y'all post out of respect. I read the article above and this is something I definitely agree with in it.

"Wearing cloth masks in public can create a
false sense of security and complacency in
which people may neglect other hygiene
practices."

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Grey Friar
905 Posts
HAPPY... Stop reading garbage rag-mags like the NYPost... what a joke, they only print crap... that's not a real paper, just trying to make money off of people foolish enough to believe them. You can be sure the garbage about Georgia is complete fake-news.

The graph looks like it does, BECAUSE OF ALL THE PRECAUTIONS! If it wasn't for all the steps taken (PPE, distancing, sanitizer, closed sporting events, closed bars/restaurants, etc) that graph would be going off the top of the chart. We are winning, but we haven't "won" anything yet... another spike is coming due to people wanting to think "it's all over", and going back to the old normal... just wait two weeks, as long as States are still operating and reporting with professional independence (not warped by the dictates of DJT), you will see the graph going up again, in places that have opened. The only thing that will keep that from happening is if at-risk people continue to wear PPE and everybody is responsible enough to maintain distance and cleanliness (fat chance).

I also agree that cloth masks would give a false sense of security to the wearer. That said, they will help others by limiting the projection of spit into the environment around the wearer, in the case that they are sick. To avoid getting a disease a person needs to observe all the precautions, on going. Don't listen to the lies of the phony tweeter, instead watch what sports do, they don't want to be sued out of existence... games without fans in the stands (and testing of players) should tell you that the Chinese Death still waits to kill those who are at-risk and unready, unable, and/or uncooperative. A number of players have diabetes or other risk factors... some will not play unless there are significant precautions taken.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The graph looks like it does, BECAUSE OF ALL THE PRECAUTIONS!
source?
Sounds a bit too much like witch doctor or doomday cult excuses without some evidence.

And from the "stuff every credible person already knew would happen" department:
Because that is how it always goes, for understandable rational reasons, despite the frothing lunatics that think otherwise.

·
Grey Friar
905 Posts
Tell that to the Brazilians...

You have no idea about how viruses work. "That is how it always goes" is completely wrong. I explained the reality of how viruses behave in populations several pages ago (based on real scientific evidence, with links to virology and epidemiology pages for all who might want to inform themselves further). The mutation rate of COVID will create both more and less lethal strains... and the less lethal strains will stick around forever and ever, like the common cold, only it will be a "cold" that will burst into little pockets of death, unannounced, at any time in the near or far future. Lower lethality = more opportunity to spread unnoticed, higher lethality = social lock-downs or else watch out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is this virus even a thing anymore. Its like purge here now in the U.S. I can't even go outside past a certain time cause of these stupid riots.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,361 Posts
Is this virus even a thing anymore. Its like purge here now in the U.S. I can't even go outside past a certain time cause of these stupid riots.
Impeachment. Coronavirus. Murder Hornets. Race war. What's next. The left always has something evil up their sleeves.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Impeachment. Coronavirus. Murder Hornets. Race war. What's next. The left always has something evil up their sleeves.
Exscuse my language but ****** seriously though. And here in the U.S. its like the damn purge I cant order dinner past 8 like god damn and now ebola is back supposedly.

·
Grey Friar
905 Posts
And it will do very little good, unless it's linked with zinc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You have no idea about how viruses work.
Seeing how I agree entirely with the rest of that post (well except for lockdowns being effective, because even the guy that come up with that idea has admitted it was fail), I'm not sure why you say that.

I had to look up Brazil. It seems that indigenous tribes there are having problems, lacking exposure and immunity. They are a glimpse into the future of prolonged lockdown.

In other news, another COVID death

·
Grey Friar
905 Posts
There is an early indication that COVID susceptibility and mortality may be linked to blood type, among other genetic factors. It seems that O+ blood types may be more resistant to contracting the disease and less likely to die from it, all other genetic, health and age factors being roughly equal. The opposite may be true for type A (+-), as the early test results show a higher incidence of infection and death in that group.

A possible explanation for why some old people live and some young people die.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
There is an early indication that COVID susceptibility and mortality may be linked to blood type, among other genetic factors. It seems that O+ blood types may be more resistant to contracting the disease and less likely to die from it, all other genetic, health and age factors being roughly equal. The opposite may be true for type A (+-), as the early test results show a higher incidence of infection and death in that group.

A possible explanation for why some old people live and some young people die.
Blood type is irrelevant when you realize low Vitamin D serology is the largest factor in Wuhan flu fatalities. Might explain why New York was hit so hard. A- is not common Asia. Originated in the Basque region of Spain.

·
Grey Friar
905 Posts
Perhaps, but crowding and international travel, with no early lock-down, had more to do with how and why NY was originally hit so hard. Vit D is a factor in resistance to infection of several things, but it doesn't explain everything by a long shot, it's only one contributor among many other factors... look up malaria, for instance, "sickle cell" is the only resistance to it among people who get plenty of sun all day long.

Blood type is certainly not irrelevant to scientists investigating possible reasons for the significant statistical difference in deaths and infection rates of the different blood types. When anything different about disease rates (any disease, from high cholesterol to cancer to infection) appears in statistic studies that look for factors to help explain, it is reported. O type has antibodies for A and B and AB in the blood stream, and no antigens on the cell surface. O- is universal donor because there are no AB antigen and no Rh proteins (O+ has the proteins not the antigens). Read the links I posted and this one about it before you make assumptions and statements that can fool other people: Blood Types

The antibodies in the blood stream are being speculated to effect resistance to viral susceptibility... SARS-2 specifically.... that may lead to a wider understanding of infection resistance for all coronavirus and other viral infection rate differences, because it was not investigated before. In the mean time people with A blood (B and AB too) should be wary, and stay protected... some weakened old people with O made it through COVID-19, some young healthy people with A died. That's why they checked. Stay informed.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Perhaps, but crowding and international travel, with no early lock-down, had more to do with how and why NY was originally hit so hard. Vit D is a factor in resistance to infection of several things, but it doesn't explain everything by a long shot, it's only one contributor among many other factors... look up malaria, for instance, "sickle cell" is the only resistance to it among people who get plenty of sun all day long.

Blood type is certainly not irrelevant to scientists investigating possible reasons for the significant statistical difference in deaths and infection rates of the different blood types. When anything different about disease rates (any disease, from high cholesterol to cancer to infection) appears in statistic studies that look for factors to help explain, it is reported. O type has antibodies for A and B and AB in the blood stream, and no antigens on the cell surface. O- is universal donor because there are no AB antigen and no Rh proteins (O+ has the proteins not the antigens). Read the links I posted and this one about it before you make assumptions and statements that can fool other people: Blood Types

The antibodies in the blood stream are being speculated to effect resistance to viral susceptibility... SARS-2 specifically.... that may lead to a wider understanding of infection resistance for all coronavirus and other viral infection rate differences, because it was not investigated before. In the mean time people with A blood (B and AB too) should be wary, and stay protected... some weakened old people with O made it through COVID-19, some young healthy people with A died. That's why they checked. Stay informed.
Then Houston should have had a similar experience but did not. We have large daily flights to and from Taipei and the world.We have a similar population but population density is much lower. I read the initial study on blood types and realized there was no way blood type was the determining factor. When you look at the fatality data, over 84% were elderly with 2 or more existing conditions and 80% also showed Vitamin D deficiency.

·
Grey Friar
905 Posts
Read better... nobody (myself included) said anything about blood type being "the factor", rather, blood type is "another factor". I'll condense: people who die from COVID-19 do so due to the following factors, age, existing disease or allergy, otherwise weakened immune system, physical lung issues, daily vit-D deficiency, exposure to a more virile strain, and blood type. Also, a parallel pattern as death from COVID-19 is followed for infection susceptibility of the virus. Vit-D clearly helps a higher percentage of people survive the virus, but it does nothing to interfere with contracting the virus... look at the graphs of southern states for US data, there is NO plateau, just a steady increase in cases. https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl=en-US&mid=/m/07b_l&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Nobody cares what you want to think about SARS-2, it's not all about sunlight and vit-D, that's just another factor... many factors involved, and the researchers are discovering more, and refining their theories all the time. People with a blood type other than O should maintain PPE and distancing when out and about in public... until a valid treatment is developed, or they die, or they decide they want to die.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The fact is, right now, everything is pure speculation, both on our part and researchers. WHO just published a report saying those who test positive without symptoms are probably not contagious as previously believed. The study on blood types has also been scrutinized and the percentages of error are coincidentally the same as the supposed increased susceptibility to Coronavirus. I'll try to find a link for you.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
281 - 300 of 323 Posts