Focus Fanatics Forum banner

281 - 285 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
With near universal use of cloth and medical masks worn in public in Wuhan, China during the 2019-2020 flu season leading up to the COVID-19 outbreak, the outbreak spread virtually unchecked.
In a study involving 1607 health care workers across 14 hospitals, the rate of infection outcomes were 13 times higher in the cloth mask group compared with the medical mask group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Believe It or not guys I normally read the stuff that y'all post out of respect. I read the article above and this is something I definitely agree with in it.

"Wearing cloth masks in public can create a
false sense of security and complacency in
which people may neglect other hygiene
practices."

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Grey Friar
849 Posts
HAPPY... Stop reading garbage rag-mags like the NYPost... what a joke, they only print crap... that's not a real paper, just trying to make money off of people foolish enough to believe them. You can be sure the garbage about Georgia is complete fake-news.

The graph looks like it does, BECAUSE OF ALL THE PRECAUTIONS! If it wasn't for all the steps taken (PPE, distancing, sanitizer, closed sporting events, closed bars/restaurants, etc) that graph would be going off the top of the chart. We are winning, but we haven't "won" anything yet... another spike is coming due to people wanting to think "it's all over", and going back to the old normal... just wait two weeks, as long as States are still operating and reporting with professional independence (not warped by the dictates of DJT), you will see the graph going up again, in places that have opened. The only thing that will keep that from happening is if at-risk people continue to wear PPE and everybody is responsible enough to maintain distance and cleanliness (fat chance).

I also agree that cloth masks would give a false sense of security to the wearer. That said, they will help others by limiting the projection of spit into the environment around the wearer, in the case that they are sick. To avoid getting a disease a person needs to observe all the precautions, on going. Don't listen to the lies of the phony tweeter, instead watch what sports do, they don't want to be sued out of existence... games without fans in the stands (and testing of players) should tell you that the Chinese Death still waits to kill those who are at-risk and unready, unable, and/or uncooperative. A number of players have diabetes or other risk factors... some will not play unless there are significant precautions taken.

281 - 285 of 285 Posts