Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First poster here....I'm doing my research for my next car to buy. Currently driving a Jetta TDI and I'm tired of fixing its quirkiness. My old Mustang (still have it after 12 years) hasn't given me many issues and Ford's new products seem pretty stout.

As I search craigslist for the illusive manual hatchback Focus that isn't a ST...I can't help but notice that 75% of the ones I find have salvage titles. It's bizarre! Anything I should know? Are these cars easily damaged?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Hurricane Sandy alone probably contributed a few thousandMK3 Focus. And a bunch of them would be manuals.
Plus when one looks for stuff, the odds are some unusual levels of some of the items will always be showing.
Statistics does not mean the same all the time. Sometime the current numbers are way off the average, and that is perfectly normal.
This question pops up in audio forums all the time: "I am seeing so many Ear Ache 600's Why?" And it is just chance..
In a month you will not see a single one.. for weeks..

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Hi all,

First poster here....I'm doing my research for my next car to buy. Currently driving a Jetta TDI and I'm tired of fixing its quirkiness. My old Mustang (still have it after 12 years) hasn't given me many issues and Ford's new products seem pretty stout.

As I search craigslist for the illusive manual hatchback Focus that isn't a ST...I can't help but notice that 75% of the ones I find have salvage titles. It's bizarre! Anything I should know? Are these cars easily damaged?

Because people can't drive stick?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
Becasue racecar? (rally car perhaps lol)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
First answer's prob. the closest, Craig'sList seems to be the place to find cheap junk so the salvage titles would all be there...

Newer model cars wouldn't likely be cheap without a major issue like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts