Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finding it difficult to find any online reviews of a PZEV equiped Focus. Was it availible for all of 03? I guess I was just lucky I happened into a Ford dealership and test drove one. I was extreemly impressed with the power. It feels like a V6 to me, and the fact that was so inexpensive is still boggeling my mind. I think this car is one of the best values out there, and somehow it is being kept secret. At least it seems that way to me.

·
Registered
829 Posts
but mag is right. there have been no real road tests of the pzev in like road and track and car and driver. i get these magazines only cause i get them so cheap, but they are worthless. i dont know why they havent done a 0-60 test on this car!! i mean everytime ferrari changes the damn interior color all the mags run out and test it all over again, its sickening! who can afford all these $200,000 cars they test? no one! test the damn pzez and give me a zero to sixty for gods sake. i am assuming its going to be between the 9 seconds of the zetec and the 7+ of the svt, but i want to see it on paper. uh oh wait....i think lamborghini just added power windows, better retest that first!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the review, thats just what I was looking for. I think with the incentives Ford is offering right now no other econo car even comes close to the Focus.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lack Of PZEV Road Tests

Dear Magarnagel,

I wrote to Car & Driver, and Road & Track, about doing a road test, but they never acknowledged me.

I wrote to one of the editors of Autoweek magazine, and he said they were going to have a review. That was five or six months ago.

There is one semi-review of the car in USA today; search under autos.

I guess there are just too many other significant autos on the market right now, that a PZEV doesn't rate much press coverage.

I keep hoping.

Regards,

·
Registered
99 Posts
Even that damned Toyota Pruis with it's 55mpg/city, 2,850lbs and it's 'Synergy Drive' can do 0-60 in 10 sec's.

Our little econo-boxes had better be at least a second or two quicker than that!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm, I dunno about the 0-60 times. SVT Focus runs 0-60 in about 7.7 to 8.1 sec, but PZEV has more torque so I guess its time shuld be around 8 or 8.5 sec.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are right-I subscribe to the four mainstream magazines and Autoweek. there was one paragraph in autoweek last january abt the pzev thats how I found out abt it. I had a zx-2 with a zetec and I wanted a focus but the focus is heavier and I wanted more not less performance sowhen I saw the story I knew that I wanted one. So almost a year-100 magazines or so and not one word about it!!! I love my focus. What sucks is unless someone tests like seven econoboxes we probably wont see it tested. I have lots of tests of svts cause it was new in 2002 and tests of zx-5 svts cause it was new for 03 but no pzev. When new sport compacts come out they will compare them to the svt. Did you know there is a camry pzev? I've seen em but not in car mags!

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
www.edmunds.com has a great article on the new focus....its not all about the pzev but it has a nice blip on it :) If you look at the cavaliers ratnig and compair the two the focus wins hands down...I like their quote on the cavi as the car was engineared mroe than a decade ago, leaving it hopelessly outclassed by nearly every other car no the market and also its ancient designed inside and out with cheap interior materials poor build quality and poor crash test results!!! WOW!!! HORRID!! :) Shows you how much better the focus is!! GO FOCUS!!! WOHOO!! :)

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is a thought. The new mazda 3 will be out in december. All the mags will test it cause it is new. Although rated at 160 hp, the 2.3 really only has abt 4-5 more wheel hp. IT will be 200lbs or so heavier so take a tenth off its o-6o and 2 tenths off its quarter mile and you have a good approximation of our pzevs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts