Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, why are there no pics of any?

I whent through 35 pages of the SVT photos and found NONE.

The reason I am wanting to see some is b/c I want to get the eclosure and make it fit a 12" for my car.

So let me see your Stock sub enclosure.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
a 12 wont fit. the biggest you can go is a 10 inch.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts

but there you go.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, there is a mod you can do to make it fit a 12". I have seen it on here a few times, but not sure where, I think its on here.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
it would be so much work it wouldnt be worth it. itd be perfect to have a 10. i plan on putting a 10w7v1 from JL in mine. its really deep so that might be my only problem with it.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
12" is not good because that exceeds almost all 12" driver specs for volume/displacement.

10" for 0.5 cuft (0.7 maybe?) (my guess... It holds roughly 2.5-3.0 gallons of water)

Here is my 10".

besthaticouldo said:
it would be so much work it wouldnt be worth it. itd be perfect to have a 10. i plan on putting a 10w7v1 from JL in mine. its really deep so that might be my only problem with it.
you could invert the subwoofer... no harm in that. It sounds remarkably similar to a sealed enclosure, perhaps better, given the amount of volume or displacement the driver and basket for the subwoofer take up.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I will more than likely taking a few of these pics to a local sound shop and get one made I really want a good amount of bump but not sacrifice space and not add too much weight with a large box.

I found this pic and it will be what I am gonna go on but try to get a 12" in there.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I am glad you asked as now I know how my subs are going to be mounted I am dumb should have thought of stock a long time ago the do look sweet and still have space

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Jon, you can fit a 12 in there and i can do it if you want to send me your enclosure. I wont charge you but $40 to do it and will look factory.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Before the speaker blew I had this setup in my car. Sounded awesome and looked nearly factory.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
b16sir1991 said:
Jon, you can fit a 12 in there and i can do it if you want to send me your enclosure. I wont charge you but $40 to do it and will look factory.
As soon as I find one and I can afford it, I will let you know.

Could you PM me the price of a new one from your work and maybe I will just get you to order it and then send you the money for all the work and speaker.

Jon

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bah, I figured it would be ok in the show room since I was asking for pics but I GUESS your right. [rolleyes]

Thanks for the thread, I thought the SVT came with a 10" and upgraded to a 12".

Moving now.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blah...

I need sound along with speed, so one small fiberglass box an a 12 should not do to much harm.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
PM sent

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Jon, ill get you a price and i have a spare audiophile box i can go ahead and have the work done, then you can just send me yours back.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont have one, I have the 06 it never came with a Sub option.

I was wanting to find one and get the work done with that.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL

Do you still use your focus for a daily driver?

I gotta have tunes man, I would go crazy without them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts