Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my zx-5 with koni yellows and steeda springs along with a steeda wheel and tire package. i am thinking it is the shocks/struts but the ride is really rough....i mean i feel everything on the road....is there a way to make the shock softer?....really tough when i am shaking like a have a car load of 15 inch subs on blast....any help would be great

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i don't know wanna switch suspension setups

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Well it's going to be a stiffer ride due to the reasoning that your going from a stock 'comfortable' non-performance suspension setup to an aftermarket 'performance' setup. That's the reasoning.... the majority of the aftermarket suspension is designed to 'feel' like that as to add to the performance feel.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not if it wont solve my problem....i kno the konis have a mad reputation....i just want a smooth ride....i wood trade for some tokico shock and struts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
how about the svt coils and struts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have been in my friends eclipse on tokico shocks and eibach springs with 18 inch rims and 225/35/18 tires and his ride was so smooth....maybe it is the car....but when i say i have a rough ride....i mean rough...ppl say it might be my tires too/?...i dont know

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
my deal stands kinda hehehe

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
the svt suspension is awesome,.hehe ok i;ll stop before we get into trouble

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you want the the good looks and a good ride go with the svt kit or the eibach pro-kit setups they offer the best of both, the eibach pro-kit being the lower of the 2. The svt kit will drop your car about 1/2" to 3/4" (so Im told) and the eibach pro-kit will your car about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" the dampers will make a difference too. Just ask the guys on this site they have not let down yet. [thumb]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
the ride in my lowered s10 was extremely rough. it was a combination of my shocks that were bad, and the fact that i was hitting my bump stops. i replaced both, and it was smooth again. before i did so, every bump i hit jarred my neck and butt so bad, i hated to even ride in the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts