Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time this has happened and both on the right side. Earlier this year I noticed my fog light was flickering so I went and looked at it, seemed fine, pushed it hard onto the pigtail harness and it was fine for a bit. About 2 months later same thing except it just refused to stay on. Took the bulb off and inside the bulb and on the harness you can see where it melted alittle. Wierd I thought but I was running 9005 bulbs instead of 9145's. Replaced the harness and got some Nokyo stock wattage bulbs and everything was fine till today I was behind a truck and noticed the damn bulb was out. Came home, same freakin thing[rant] What could be causing this? I really like my fogs so not using them isn't going to work for me. Any suggestions??

Nick

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that's what I was afraid of. The thing is though I ran 9005 Silverstars which are more than stock wattage for like 2 years and never had a problem. I may end up having to rewire the whole thing or run them off an independent switch.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
That may very well be a solution to this. It just seems like your having a shorting issue. Why the silver stars did not?? Beyond me could be something just not connecting as it should.

But it seems like there is a short because the wattage typically would do this but even at like 50watts you stand a low chance of really melting anything.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may very well be a solution to this. It just seems like your having a shorting issue. Why the silver stars did not?? Beyond me could be something just not connecting as it should.

But it seems like there is a short because the wattage typically would do this but even at like 50watts you stand a low chance of really melting anything.
Yea I know it's wierd. Soon as it's not 92 out, I'll try and find a short or exposed wire but it's to hot for me. Lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
My lights didn't flicker or anything before they went out. I just happened to have a spare, known-working relay, so I swapped it in and still nothing. After crawling under the bumper, I discovered the very same thing SVT_BMXer found. The refractory cup behind each of my fog light bulbs melted and pooled up in the bottom of the light housing. Is Ford aware this is a fire hazard? Why haven't they recalled this yet???

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Doesnt sound like many people have had this problem, that's probably why....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts