Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why hasnt anyone done a mazdaspeed 6 awd swap? they should bolt up to our frames. also what about just a mazdaspeed 3 fwd swap? boom! i just blew your mind!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thoguht the mazdaspeed was only for the 3. Did they make it for the 6 as well, was it DI too?

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
mazdaspeed6 was i believe same motor as mazdaspeed3 except mated to an AWD trans..

i believe there is a reason why nobody has just swapped the motor in directly but I can't think of it.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
My guess would be price.

It may also have to do with wiring, though.

And since the Mazda 6 is longer, it may mess up the pinion angle with a shorter drive shaft.

That's 100% speculation, but seem to be reasonable answers.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would assume wiring wouldn't be much harder than another swap...i think someone has done a awd focus. i mean look at all the wiring that is probably involved in the 2jz focus...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would also assume its becuase it doesnt "bolt up"

and the pricing of buying the motor, its not like you find a wrecked 2.3T MZR in your local junkaryd. Wouldnt be surprised if it cost the same amount as a 2jz

Besides that youd have to run the mazda comp to run the COP setup.......

So yes, i agree, alot to deal with. Its not worth the trouble to be honest.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
As a general rule, Focus owners aren't smart enough, rich enough, have the proper tools, find the correct parts, walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, accomplish anything W/O pictures, follow through with random performance thoughts and generally don't understand performance modifications and the steps involved with it.

/mild sarcasm

But honestly, why bother?
The MS6 isn't anything special. The AWD system is crap, it sends too much power to the front and when you start making big power with them the dif exits the car in excitement. Tuning is difficult at best; tuning DI in general is tough as not many understand how to do it properly and safely (those who do are happy to charge a premium, as they should).
IMO, straight RWD should be the only worthwhile swap into a Focus.

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
why hasnt anyone done a mazdaspeed 6 awd swap? they should bolt up to our frames. also what about just a mazdaspeed 3 fwd swap? boom! i just blew your mind!
B/c the Mazdaspeed 3 is far superior to the 2000-2011 Focus

·
Registered
528 Posts
This is only "Mazda-Speed" swap i've helped with....

Its a mazda, and now its "Speeds" lol LS1 w/ t56. 160 MPH at VIR, in a Miata, is rather fun. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
hahaI like^^^ What kind of gears are you running and how much power is it making?

How much was that LS1 to being with?? Ive seen complete long blocks for around 6k

I hope this car was one of the fastest, but with a short wheel base it must been pretty.....fun(?) lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
hahaI like^^^ What kind of gears are you running and how much power is it making?

How much was that LS1 to being with?? Ive seen complete long blocks for around 6k

I hope this car was one of the fastest, but with a short wheel base it must been pretty.....fun(?) lol
LoL its my buddys car, he runs 3.4x or so gears, im not positive. It put down 380HP, and the car weighs 2200 lbs with him in it. It has a dry sump oil system in it. I'm not sure what he paid for the motor, but i do know he will be getting another one soon. Shortly after that first picture was taken, the motor lost oil pressure, and started knocking.

Well, you'd be suprised. with that wing on the back, and the splitter he made on the front, its VERY stable. 160mph, and passing a C6 ZO-6 Vette, in a Miata, was very fun, to say the least. lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hows his gas mileage?? Considering its WOT the whole time, still, i bet its not too bad.

But hopefully his top end is still good, it would suck to start ALL OVER. People put LS1s in everything, RX7s, 240s, etc...I just wish I could pick 1 up as "cheap" as they make it seem lol.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hows his gas mileage?? Considering its WOT the whole time, still, i bet its not too bad.

But hopefully his top end is still good, it would suck to start ALL OVER. People put LS1s in everything, RX7s, 240s, etc...I just wish I could pick 1 up as "cheap" as they make it seem lol.
LoL not sure about gas mileage. Its strictly a track car, not street legal at all. (no lights)

Yea they aren't cheap... but there are so many "Kits" that you can just pretty much bolt up any v8 in a small car.

hmm, rwd ls1 focus, now that would be fun!
Its been done. But I'd keep a ford, in a ford. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts