Focus Fanatics Forum banner

why does this happen?

682 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  avengerc4 
#1 ·
Heres a little about the car before we go into the story. I bought the SVT in DEC of last year 05. The car came lowered with Eibach 2.25in drop (I think thats what they are I recall) and when I first got the car everything was ok except sometimes when I hit bumps I would rub. I got new tires and rims just recently about a month or so ago and everything was all fine and dandy when I put them on (if I recall) and just recently within the past week whenever I hit a bump the car always rubs and the rear passenger side tire is ripping away at the tire. Now there are only springs on here and not dampners or anything. So could this be the springs or the dampners going? I need to get this fixed right away so my tire doesn't get more jacked up then it is so what does everyone think? Should I just get a coilover kit and call it a day? If so which kit? I don't really care about adjustable although I think they all are. I just want a 2 in drop or so and maybey raise it in the winter, but doubt it, and that rides decent. Thanks all!!
-Joe

#3 ·
if you got new dampers that may help the situation, because if the dampers are stiffer then your car should bounce down so low.

#5 ·
I'll have to check that out. thanks all for the input. Could it be though, that I just need a fender roll possibly? Cause I just noticed as I was airing up my tires that there was paint on them booo and then I noticed I saw metal underneath the wheelwells sooo could that just be it? Thanks :D

#7 ·
just pick up some stiffer shocks, and call it a day. if ur car is bouncy ur dampners are blown. Th car should ride nice and firm w/ those eibachs, as i have them on my ZX# w/ teh eibach dampners. the dampners make a world of a differance.

#11 ·
I'll keep that in mind :) I am gonna fender roll the car first just to see if it does anything in a few weeeks cause one of my friends I know is gonne buy a roller so he said he'd do my car for free but I'll throw him some cash. But I'll let you know in a few weeks :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.