Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that everytime I start my ‘13 Titanium Hatch, my A/C turns itself on full blast? It’s driving my crazy as to why it continues to do this? And yes, it’s turned off before I turn the car off at the end of the day.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to reset something to stop this from happening? It’s October now, so I don’t need the A/C turning itself on at 6am.

Titanium trim w/ a push to start, if that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is yours the dual zone climate control version?

Yep, it sure is. Any ideas? I often times run my A/C on my commutes home because I’m hot & tired, but always shut it off before parking the car. Then each morning I start up & it comes on full-blast. Why is it doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,031 Posts
Maybe you can turn it off another way, like using the blower speed switch instead of the a/c button..............

·
Registered
205 Posts
I asked as I have the same system.

I have just turned off the A/C compressor ( but left the system in the on setting for blower only) and switched off the car.

I will let you know if it remembers the setting in the morning.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Also, turning on defrost will turn on A/C. I believe that this is true even if defrost is auto-selected.

A/C not only cools the air, it also removes moisture from the air, so it is a part of the defroster setting, even when the heat is on, since the probable desired result is to remove condensation from the glass as quickly as possible. This is normal.

I don't have the vent selection on auto, so it doesn't happen to me. Whenever I do select defrost, the A/C always comes on. It may seem counter intuitive when you probably want hot air, but the A/C will start to clear the windows even before the heat comes up, and once the heat does come up, it will still clear faster with the A/C going than it will without. Bonus, the less hot but dry air is less likely to crack your windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts