Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sony m630 active face and it sucks skips alot and my buttons are messed up. I NEVERED abused it i love it but when i hit the close button it turns down the volume and i have to close it (when i can) and use the black side with my remote and it pisses me off. I just want to know what is wrong with it and im getting the new panasonic ghost that thing is hotttttt.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
Panasonics rocks, Sony has always been a little on the cheap side. They have more show and less Go, typical of Ricer style stuff. I swear by Panasonic, a little hesitant with Sony.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i agree...the only reason i have sony in my car is because it's the only company that i can find that makes a mini-disk changer

:(

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have a sony m620 (model year before your 630) and i'm just now starting to get some problems from it, it's about 2 yrs old now. Luckily i bought it with my employee discount and got a warranty from work and when the radio finally goes kaboom, i get a brand new radio free of charge. (i get to upgrade to a nice pioneer or lcd screen, wee!)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm a fan of pioneer HU's. My best friend has a sony and is also having trouble with it. My recomendation is to get a sony, I thnk you get good quality for your money.

·
Registered
951 Posts
You know I think I'm the only one that recommends Alpine. Seems everyone recommends a brand other than my favorite. I've never had one problem with the models I've had, probably why I tell everybody to buy one.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I'm an Eclipse fan, but Alpine and the Pioneer Premier stuff is real nice

·
Registered
650 Posts
BIGBADWORM said:
You know I think I'm the only one that recommends Alpine. Seems everyone recommends a brand other than my favorite. I've never had one problem with the models I've had, probably why I tell everybody to buy one.
Sorry I like Alpine,but I'm just a bigger fan of Pioneer, I have had excellent luck with them in the past. So I am a loyal buyer I guess you could say :)

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
I like pioneer because they offer good quality items for less. They have alot of features to offer if you take the time to learn them. Alpines are really nice though, the only problem is that there a little more expensive, mainly talking about if you want mp3 support, there aren't any under $200 but pioneer has 2 for under $200.
Eclipse are nice too, not the greatest look in my opinion but quality high-volt preouts are a plus. But for mp3 you need some sort of add on that ins't that inexpensive. So i say pioneer for mp3 (even though they're a little slower than most when switching songs) unless you've got the money for an alpine, and then it's between alpine and pioneer and eclipse for anything else in my opinon.

- Scott

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have a panasonic? i like pioneer but i want sub level and hpf in my hu plus a touch screen. i like alpine to they have the bass engine 60w x 4 thats sweet plus the one hu thats angled i love that one

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
I heard the panasonics were pretty good with their ghost screen and stuff but I've never used one before sorry. What model pioneer do you have? Because most models have sub level control with crossovers and the newer models (x500 x5000) have a high pass crossover on them. Not sure if they had it on the x400 x4000 models though. I had one before but i forgot.

- Scott

·
Registered
951 Posts
4U2NV said:
i like alpine but their headunits usually look a lot more plain and "1980's stock" to me..
Obviously haven't seen their products lately........my 9807 looks nothing like stock.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
I'm trying to think, I know that some of the middle to lower priced eclipse units come with MP3 built in, mostly the higher end of eclipse require the commander (the thing needed to play the MP3's). I'd have to do some looking but I know there are eclipse units that don't require the commander for MP3 playback, and it is LIGHTNING fast when switching songs.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
If you like factory looking head units you'd like Nakamichi. They're hu's are high-end audio, the quality is amazing. Look at the specs alone on them and you can see the sound quality it can put out. They are really expensive though, the msrp for some of their hu's are over $2,000.

- Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
I personally like CLARION / ECLIPSE headunits, seem to do the job without alot of show. [wiggle]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts